View Single Post
Old 27th March 2016, 17:07   #4
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Ps. Is there any obvious way the old waist seals could be refurbed?[/QUOTE]

It raises a few interesting questions and what we need is more members to come forward and let us know if they have the problem or not

Mine is a project drive car, is it related to that in any way ?

If your seals are in good condition then they could be removed and coated with some rust preventative I guess but how many will be in good condition ?

Mine was so rusted through the end broke off so no chance of refurbing that and it was rotten towards the back end of the door where the door lock button is with the rest not too bad

Water must be getting inside the window in that specific area over time either that or something is going on inside the door we are not aware of, oxidisation ?

It's basically metal covered in rubber trim so not too difficult to manufacture using one as a template I would have thought if you have the necessary skills

Prevention is the best way to go if it's not to late, especially given the cost of each one at around £40 and that's assuming you can find stock of course

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 27th March 2016 at 17:18..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote