View Single Post
Old 29th July 2015, 20:44   #9
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by websith View Post
I am happy with it the way is thanks. As I said I did the tune up in stages to make sure there was a physical difference. So far its never run so good. If the MAF fails then I will get another one simple as. The differences felt were physical not psychological, I do know the difference.

By the way how will the MAF sensor get contaminated when its on the other side of the Air Filter?

I am not selling this synergy thing all I know that this tuning chip has made my car go much better than its ever done before.
Well, all I can say is don't come crying when your MAF sensor is wrecked then

I spent about sixteen hours with the test car tied to a rolling road when finessing the diesel tunes, and trust me when I say removal of the bellows does not increase power in the slightest, not one jot.

MAF damage is caused when road spray is ingested and atomised, this passes through the air cleaner and is then deposited on the platinum hot wire.

The result is an increase in resistance of the sensor wire, and as the MAF sensor is in effect a Wheatstone Bridge arrangement, adversely affects the output offset voltage and linearity of the device.

What you have to remember, the person who advised chopping off the air intake, is the same person who wants to sell you a Mercedes van MAF sensor, which has no inlet air temperature sensor, which is a compromise in itself that overfuels wildly at low speeds, and requires amplification of the signal to prevent the car running out of steam over 3000 RPM

I found the perfect placement for the Synergy unit removed from the one owner FSH 63,000 mile 75 116 I bought with high pressure pump failure....the bin

But if you're happy that's fine, we are all different at the end of the day

Best of luck

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote