View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2015, 10:04   #1
Rigginsuk

MG ZT+ 160 2.5l v6

Default Lowering a ZT 160

I'm considering lowering my ZT 30-35mm. I thought it would improve the over all look as well as improve its vertical centre of gravity. Since most car manufacturers standard suspension can be lowered about an inch before it starts to hurt the normal handling of the car I figured that's as low as I would go.
There was an optional extra when the car was built of having MG Sports Suspension. I'm not sure if mine had this option. I was under the impression that all of the Z's had uprated suspension. With that in mind, would lowering it 30mm actually damage the handling rather than the opposite?
I found some lowering springs for a Rover 75. I've never ridden in a Rover 75 before so I'm not able to compare the ride between a 75 and a ZT. I had a ZS 120 for quite some time and the ride was much stiffer. I know the ZS had uprated suspension over the Rover 45.
The lowering springs are on nicedeals.co.uk part number FKRR009. Rover 75 (RJ) Lowering Spring Kit. The other thing is they're really cheap in comparison to the ZT lowering springs I found on Fleabay.

After all of that (I do apologise, I get very enthusiastic when talking about these cars) the questions are:
Does the ZT's have updated suspension over a Rover 75?
Is it a good or bad idea to lower a ZT?
Have I found a really good deal on lowering springs or am I totally off the mark?

Thank you guys / gals for taking the time to decipher my ramblings.
Rigginsuk is offline   Reply With Quote