Thread: Freelander
View Single Post
Old 21st July 2015, 13:17   #8
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafrost View Post
Well after doing much reading up last night, I felt that a 2004 model freelander was probably not a shrewd investment, especially not in 1.8 guise........ many parts would need to be replaced like our 75's and some parts are Mega Expensive.... upon talking to my inlaws, it might turn out in my favour......I am in talks about his 2010 VW. He is due to buy a new one in Sept/Oct... and his will be up for part/ex... but has said I can have first refusal..... its a 1.9 diesel auto..... 7 seats.... what more could one want? yes its a bland euro box but reliable and not as expensive to run as my 75....now what to do with my Tourer (IF) we do agree a deal..... I do not... and I mean do not want to sell it, but then neither do I want it rotting away and I will not be able to keep both on the road, Decisions Decisions.
I understand where you are coming from - for me the issues we have with our cars and those of the LR's, are not really issues at all.

I would say tho, that I have come across far more abused Freelanders than I have MG ZT's or 75's.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote