View Single Post
Old 11th April 2015, 20:43   #114
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,178 Times in 920 Posts

Thanks, Tim! I do what I can, although the car needs to earn its keep.
Your car looks fantastic, and Copperleaf suits 75s so well.

Since the last update, the 75 has been used a bit, and so has the Scimitar. The Scimitar unfortunately, has suffered a mouse attack, having sat for just three days, which has ruined the driver's seat, so a new cover is on its way.

Meanwhile, the 75 has done sterling service, helping a friend to get a new interior for his Mondeo, and carrying Land Rover parts around the country. As such, the interior was looking pretty grubby, so today saw me treating it to a thorough clean.
I wet vac'd the carpets throughout, and tried my best to get the last of the clutch fluid out of the driver's carpet. It's still not right, but it's a lot better. While there, I fitted a clutch pedal rubber which I got from a much lower mileage car, which has freshened things up a bit.
I then cleaned all of the interior plastics. The seats were cleaned, and then fed with gliptone, which I love the smell of, and must admit to using far more often than is necessary.
The walnut dash was polished with beeswax, and the rest of the 'wood' was cleaned with furniture polish.
All rubber seals were done with Autoglym vinyl and rubber care.

I treated the car to a quick wash, too, to bring it up to scratch. I've noticed the rear tyres that came with the Serpents are also knackered, so on Monday, the car will be fitted with another pair of Dunlop Sportmaxxes. Once this is done, the car should be a lot quieter, and will hopefully ride pretty serenely.

Oil service isn't far off, and I'll probably do this one myself, to save a bit of cash.

2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
FrazzleTC is offline   Reply With Quote