View Single Post
Old 5th April 2015, 20:49   #112
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,178 Times in 920 Posts

Thanks Tim!

Since the last update, quite a few bits and pieces have been done.
First of all, I bought a brand new high line IPK ages ago, and never got round to fitting it! Thanks to some T4 genius, I now have a working high line IPK, complete with digital speedometer. However, one issue was the fact that my IPK was for a diesel car for the European market, with a speedometer uniquely in kilometres. However, with sincere thanks to Marinabrian for talking me through the process, several times, I was able to transfer the dial faces, refit the needles, and have everything just about perfectly lined up, despite the best efforts of whoever had been inside my car's IPK in a previous life (airbag light completely removed).
It's brilliant having an IPK, for the first time ever in this particular car, and especially as it has no lines.

In addition to this, I have had to fit two new front tyres, and swap some wheels around, as the fronts were ruined. The wheels came with Uniroyal Rainsports, and really, I found them pretty disappointing. As a result, when looking for new tyres, I wanted the best I could get locally, for my budget. After a lot of research, and dithering, I settled on Dunlop Sportmaxxes, which are exceptionally quiet, and give very impressive levels of grip. I will definitely be getting another pair of these for the rear of the car in due course!

Used the Scimitar constantly for a couple of weeks, in the interim, too. In other news, the P6 project will be really taking off in the next month or so.

Some photos, as per!

2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
FrazzleTC is offline   Reply With Quote