Old 23rd March 2015, 18:23   #149
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulym View Post
Hi All

I am pleased to hear so much positive feedback I am really glad to know that the meet met your expectations. We hope to be a little more organised next time and dedicate a bit more time to the members that all took the time to show up.

I cannot say enough to thank everyone that contributed to the overall outcome on what was luckily a very bright and warm day. All captured for posterity by Flo, Chris and others.

Although I came out quite a few quid short at the end of it And didn't even get my own roll. (totally my own fault). I am humbled to think that my small effort was so well received. This will remain a lasting memory for me.

My own personal thanks go to......

Paul D for his time fitting headlights despite the challenges.
Harry for the scrivets. a real life saver.
Phil and John for basically getting stuck in.
And also for the Shannon tube donated by.. well I am not 100% sure but thank you sir.
I can't miss Peter out for the torch, beer and chat
Last mention has to go to the chaps in the museum for the impromptu and unbidden offer of the (I am told) entertaining guided tour. I missed it unfortunately but wil be front of the queue next time

There willl be another event and in the intervening time we (JohnH and I) will be looking to find a dent master to provide a service at reasonable cost. We will also be looking to negotiate a deal with the Aviator for lunches.

Muchos Gracias Senoras and Senoritas.

Again Thank You

ATB
Paul you should not be out of pocket for organising this, you could have had my wife's roll she did not want, let us know about the money and then we donate something.

Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote