View Single Post
Old 12th March 2015, 14:49   #166
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts
Default Boxing !

My grandson ( 14 ) has taken up boxing, has had a few fights so far and is proving to be a prospect to watch.

I attend the fights which so far have been in a local a club with a ring erected for the event.

I have become his photographer if you like, but am having some difficulty in taking good pictures whilst he is in the ring, one issue is the light, although there are spotlights above the ring it is not always possible to get very close and flashes are not allowed in case they affect the boxers, consequently a lot of the pictures I take are dark and not sure there is anything I can do to make things a lot better.

At his last fight I did manage to get closer to the ring and the pictures are better

The other issue is the movement of the boxers, I have tried continuous mode but most of the pictures where they are moving come out blurred.

I am a keen amateur picture taker with a Nikon D60, I usually use an 18-55 but have not yet learned the techniques to move the dial from auto so any advice on what settings I should be using would be welcome

I know this post is useless without pics so I will add some later

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 12th March 2015 at 16:57..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote