View Single Post
Old 13th July 2014, 15:59   #2
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc13661 View Post
Well we have had the caravan for a year now, and yesterday we had a service carried out on her, glad to say the safety issues all proved to be satisfactory; Gas, Electrics etc... the water inlet pipe needed a new push on fitting and the kitchen tap a micro switch.

The big issue is two areas of water ingress, now I was aware of these prior the inspection so came as no shock.

The rear window seal is in need of replacement as it is not allowing a tight seal hence water can find its way in. Also above our 'floor to ceiling window' (L shaped seating) there is signs of water ingress, this is a little more complicated, it requires an overseal, a method where the exterior joints are cleaned out and new more modern sealant is used to ensure the water can no longer penetrate the van.

Don't get me wrong, the van is not ruined, it has solid walls and no spongy areas, all in all the work will come in at around the £320 mark, that includes Service, replacement items, seals and sealants plus labour charges.

Very reasonable I think, especially for peace of mind
I agree Keith, have found Mark's prices very reasonable,good service too.