View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2014, 21:23   #25
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Nice R hope you have luck with the sale, As a TLS nut i'm pretty sure the 97 S ECU will not work with the R motor/injectors as they have different sensor specs due to the R having 2 injectors per cyclinder as opposed to the S's 1..

There was a bit more too it than just the ECU too, like port shape in the heads (I have both 97 & 99 engines here to play with) there are other differences but these are confined to reliability issues, 6 bolt clutch from 5 bolt, bigger output shaft bearing that sort of thing..

Mine is vor at the mo after blowing the box and I decided to have a play, here's where it is atm, not much has changed in the last eight months tbh, just too busy..but so far: GSXR750 K8 radial front end, K8 1000 Brakes, TLR braced rear swingarm with Ohlins & right height adjuster, Full Akra exhaust system, 999 Marchesini wheels. that's it so far..lots of bling to go on, but not until it has the breathed on oomph put back in, not sure whether it'll be 1088cc or 1200cc depends on budget at the time..

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote