Thread: Windows XP
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2014, 22:20   #30
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcul1 View Post
I work in IT as an IT Project Manager. I would suggest moving from XP to Windows 7 at the earliest opportunity. Don't go to 8.1 if you can avoid it (Its pap). I have just migrated 2000 machines to Windows 7, any machine running Windows XP has been segregated from our network and ring fenced. XP is now deemed to vulnerable without security patches.

Windows 7, although not perfect is the first operating system I have migrated "users" to that has not resulted in thousands of emails to describe where x or y have gone. Its simply easy to pick up and intuitive to an Ex XP user.
My old PC has Windows XP Professional, my new one Windows 7 Ultimate, still prefer XP but object to Microsoft's policy of not allowing me to upgrade my old PC from XP to 7 unless I've already bought the intermediate upgrade, then pay again for another upgrade.

If I wanted to upgrade a 75 Club to almost Connoisseur spec. I would not want to be told I have to pay to upgrade to Club SE first and so on.

OK Rover went bust so I can't expect support, but Microsoft make billions and are still going because once you pay for one of their overpriced systems, they then expect you to keep paying them for each and every latest version.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote