View Single Post
Old 11th April 2014, 17:02   #13
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanjay View Post
OK checked out the train fares using advance purchase, Guildford to Bromley then Kirkaldy to Guildford just under £100 plus fuel for the car.

So did a random check for people in other locations such as Birmingham, the number of train miles are about the same so advance train tickets are only about £5 cheaper.

Then of course there's the driving time, plus journey home time, so sensibly, pick up car mid late afternoon, drive into the night, stop for nap, deliver next morning and have another nap on the train home.

Looked costly at first but then again, your cost of travel to pick up car plus, loss of days pay would probably work out about the same.

Luckily I have Green Flag any car cover that in the unfortunate event of a breakdown covers me for cost of taking to destination (Fife)

So if you get stuck PM me and by the way, I too am retired so flexible re-dates.
Just checked what it would cost using trains to and from Garforth, about £75 so an offer from Garforth is a good deal, presumably they are desperate to get people in Garforth to use trains.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote