View Single Post
Old 28th February 2014, 11:23   #8
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentricrio View Post
MPG sounds like what would be expected to be honest had a 08 1.1TCE Clio that did 37.

I have a few questions as I may look at replacing the SAAB in the summer I'm planning on taking one for a test drive once the Newcastle dealer has actually been built,

How are the seats compared to a 75/ZT? Do you find the quality of them ok, would you go for the leather option if you were to buy one again?

Whats the engine warm up time like is it as fast as a k-series?

How do you find the ride on country roads?

Any options you could live without or wish you had?

Would you recommend one?
The seats I find very comfortable, I didn't get leather as I liked the comfort and fit of the standard seats and didn't see £500 of leather changing that, plus black leather plus the sun (when its out for the 2 days of summer)....

Engine tends to warm up within 2 miles normally around 1 mile. There is no temp gauge, blue temp light comes on when started and disappears once warm.

The ride is firm but not harsh. Can't say I have found it uncomfortable at any point on any road. Compared to my wife's Fiat 500 it is a much smoother ride.

As I have had problems with the reversing sensors and I am still awaiting MG to come back with a solution I wouldn't bother with getting them unless you want a constant beep anytime you select reverse.....

I like the cruise control, works perfectly as do the steering wheel controls for the stereo. The Bluetooth works well with a phone and downloads the phonebook quickly.

I would recommend having a test drive. The engine is not everyones cup of tea, but for me its perfect. Slow and steady for the majority of the time and then when you push the revs up its massively fun!

One other note would be the door seals, particularly noticeable during the recent spell of wet weather.

That's me being honest though, but those small issues aside, the car is great, reliable engine wise and a hoot to drive.

Get a test drive and decide for yourself.
Alan_G is offline   Reply With Quote