View Single Post
Old 26th February 2014, 20:50   #32
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

[QUOTE=A19_Graham;1590077]Just for a Laugh, here goes.

this is my favourite. Macro, always catches my eye.

When I was selling cameras, I used to try to encourage (sometimes demand them to lol) people to get out of auto and play with the settings of the camera. If you were not confident reading the meter (or were in a hurry) try 'P' mode. That way shutter speeds are automatic, but it allows you to tweak options like white balance etc. The Daff image warmed up using 'cloudy' or 'shade' mode, would have been the only thing I would do with it. Alternatively in Photoshop, or your preferred editing software, a little 'warm' filter applied. (in Photoshop -> Image -> adjustments -> photo filter)

Also, dont be frightened to use the flash outdoors. Especially (and particularly) with portraits. In bright lighting, it can really lift the eyes and the shadows created by the eye socket.

Just a point to note, with most compact and bridge cameras, if using 'P' mode (or the ASM for that matter) the auto focus may struggle in close situations. If it does struggle, activate the macro mode (small flower symbol) - Fuji cameras tend to have amazing close up ability
clf is offline   Reply With Quote