View Single Post
Old 15th February 2014, 11:18   #1
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts
Default So unbearably bored

About 10 days ago I was attacked by a bath tap.

I was fitting a new bathroom for an Indian family who had supplied a wall mounted tap to be fitted into the shower cubicle for them to wash their feet prior to prayer.

I had finished everything and was just running a bead of silicone around the shower tray. I finished and went to stand up, unfortunately I was under the 12" tap spout at the time. The neck of the tap dug into my lower spine and I collapsed in a heap.

Testament to my fitting of said tap, it just looked at me undamaged.

I, on the other hand, couldn't move.

10 minutes later I had composed myself and carried on.

Well my lower back pain got worse day after day until yesterday when I couldn't stand up, like I had a trapped nerve. So have been in bed since.

What's the point of my rant?

Well I am not looking for sympathy, it's my own fault, I fitted the stupid tap, so knew it was there.

My point is that I am so bored. I don't have a TV and haven't for many years. So been trying to watch films on my phone to pass the time, but that wears thin very quickly. Not in the mood for reading, the forum doesn't have much going on today, weekend radio is dire, and I don't want to go on ebay and spend a load of cash.

What can I do?

I have a chiropractors appointment on Monday, had to go private as the gp said his next appointment was the 28th and as I am self employed I can't be paying myself sick pay

Bored!
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote