View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2014, 15:30   #30
steve811
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by humphshumphs View Post
Well that's 40 minutes of my life I'll never get back
Spoke to 'reception', then put through to broadband upgrade dept., and they couldn't do anything, so then asked to speak to a line manager, and all he was bothered with telling me was that the offers are available (but couldn't offer me any!) and that sky have 11 million customers etc.

I think possibly time to leave sky for phone and broadband!

Some years ago I was in deep discussions with Sky. They "forgot" to bill me for one month, then tried to ask for both months after cutting off the TV! Although I spoke to several people at Sky they all said the same thing, pay the bill and we will re-connect you, which was no help as we did not have the cash. I argued with them and asked to be connected to customer services only to be told "there is no separate department and they cannot do anything more than we can". They kept telling me the system would not accept part payment or a deferred payment, this was from both the operator and the supervisors.

After days of arguing I was resigned to stumping up the £100 we owed in one lump, but sent an email to sky complaining about the attitude of those in the call centre. I got a call from a very nice man in the "customer relations department" who accepted it was their fault, took £40 off my card an restored the service immediately. He then asked me to pay the £60 next month and said they would send me a reminder, which they never did and I never paid! Two years later and they then send me a letter saying they had overcharged me over a year and I got a months free service!

Although Sky don't like it known, they do have people in CS who can fiddle things and give a good deal if they want. I would bang off an email reminding them about misleading adverts and threatening to move and report them to the ASA/TS/RSPCA etc!
steve811 is offline   Reply With Quote