View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2013, 16:56   #3
uk_dave&gill
This is my second home

Good grief!

I'm still struggling with this and my first post (which sadly elicited no responses! ) was in May!

Anyway, I've now moved on a little bit with this in the hope that I can get it working properly, with the addition of a Western Digital NAS drive and a semi-wired connection from hi-fi to this unit (by which I mean LAN connection through the house wiring using a pair of BT Vision Powerline Adapters)

Basically the set-up is that the iTunes server software in installed on the WD NAS drive, alongside all of the MP3 music. The NAS is physically plugged into the router (EE Brightbox) which in turn is physically plugged into one of the BT adaptors, which then makes an effective hard-wired connection to it's pair, and finally this is physically connected to the Denon Network Player. So ultimately, the Denon is physically connected to the NAS drive upon which the music is being played from, and the whole thing is controlled from my laptop, which is wirelessly linked into the circuit

So, having set this all up, I sat back smugly anticipating that I would get seamless, stutter free playback. As my previous attempts had suffered connection break-ups every 30 seconds or so, I was feeling confident when it went over a minute - but then playback had a small glitch. Now any glitch is a glitch too many, but I was even more cheesed off when, at the two minute point, playback hung completely....

To say I am dischuffed is an understatement

If there's anyone out there who can offer a crumb of advice, I will take it gratefully!