View Single Post
Old 28th October 2013, 21:53   #13
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

I noticed my roofbars make a big dent in my diesel MPG, ive saw it drop a good bit, but they are chunky ******s.

Trimmed the excess down and have experimented with positioning (listening for whistle, more whistle = more resistance) and after 8 months now ive just taken them off having made myself a quick release tool for them and making a cut in the boot foam storage to keep them under the boot floor.

IMO all the ten points above are revelant, however as a few of them are basic maintenance they are common sence.

The rest, well IMO I didnt buy a car to not use the functions so heater on most days, heated seats when cold, aircon when too warm, and sunroof / windows open as required.

When I hear most peoples MPG figures, I chop of 1/5 instantly for real world as you hear some stories, same as the BHP figures, until you see proof etc.

But if MPG tips encourage people to have their cars safer and better maintained, well thats a good thing for everyone.

Oh and my best MPG tip, going from 18's on contentials on my 75 back on snow tyres to 15's has gave me an extra 40 to 50 miles per tank each time.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote