View Single Post
Old 1st September 2013, 08:02   #73
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I used to be a social worker standing up for the rights of those with mental health problems. I now unfortunately find myself on the other side of the fence. The government has a lot to answer for for the way they handle those with mental health problems and benefits, shipping them out to private companies with a bonus if they can force them off benefits and on to the streets. Usually those who have problems defending themselves. Its act now and worry about the problem later with the governments attitude I cannot stand The UK will end up a shanty town for most!!!
Jay one of the jobs I worked in was in rehab in Hackney being responsible for ex-offenders with mental illness, addictions and alcoholism. Part of our remit was to find employment for people suffering from long term mental illness as this was part of the rehab process. The point being made here Jay is that not everyone who has long term mental illness is restricted from being able to return to work. I have no experience of private companies receiving a bonus forcing people off benefit and onto the streets. That is a new trick.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 1st September 2013 at 08:04..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote