View Single Post
Old 5th August 2013, 10:12   #25
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by beinet1 View Post
Hi Lovel,

I used my caliper to check the endfloat to get a rough estimate as it seemed to be to much to the bare eye. A dial gauge or feelers would give me a lot more excact value. There is not doubt that there is excessive endfloat here, and I wonder how the crankshaft/thrustbearings would look like when I take them apart. I also wonder what would cause exccesive wear to these parts.

I think the endfloat would not be affected in any way regarding complete assembly/part assembly of the engine sandwich.

Can you put me in the direction to what looking for regarding the digits on the crankcase/crankshaft?
Thanks
There are details on the numbering coding in the technical section in the K-series engine overhaul section in RAVE OVERHAUL 12-2-75. However it goes into some details about liner grades etc, but that is for production line fit, My impression is that the later engines had one size liners and bearings fits all

The front end of the engine block near the oil filter housing has some digits on it that may match the front timing end stamped on the crank web. For your assembly you will just use standard shells etc unless your crank is way out of spec of course.

BTW, noiced you like your older cars, do you know any Green Mini Cooper or White Volvo Amazon owners in Stavanger
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote