View Single Post
Old 5th August 2013, 07:42   #22
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
I have measured/inspected 3 x K-series cranks and not one of them had suffered from eccessive end float. Big end and/or main bearing scoring yes, but not end float issues.
Are the digits stamped on the crank corresponding with the markings on the crankcase, could it have been changed at some point in its life?

In each case I used feeler gauges, althought the dial gauge method you used should be more accurate than feelers anyway.
Now, I cant recall if I bolted the complete engine assemblies together to carry out the measurement, perhaps you should bolt the complete assembly together, and check again.
Hi Lovel,

I used my caliper to check the endfloat to get a rough estimate as it seemed to be to much to the bare eye. A dial gauge or feelers would give me a lot more excact value. There is not doubt that there is excessive endfloat here, and I wonder how the crankshaft/thrustbearings would look like when I take them apart. I also wonder what would cause exccesive wear to these parts.

I think the endfloat would not be affected in any way regarding complete assembly/part assembly of the engine sandwich.

Can you put me in the direction to what looking for regarding the digits on the crankcase/crankshaft?
Thanks
beinet1 is offline   Reply With Quote