View Single Post
Old 12th May 2013, 14:50   #100
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by championdaddy View Post
I recently went of the polices naughty boy course (34 in a 30) ! while there I learnt that, While talking holding a phone is illegal, .......

If you have an accident while using a totally hands free unit...... you are still prosecuted for using a phone while driving EXACTLY THE SAME AS IF YOU WERE HOLDING IT !!!!

The act changes the offence from careless driving into dangerous driving !!!

Why the hell are handsfree legal then ?????

Oh and sorry if this has been raised in the thread.....not read it all !!!
Hi.
Its the same when CB was illegal, you could own one quite legally but it was illegal to use it.
Dont forget anything that has distracted you during the time you are driving and that distraction happened at the point of an accident you will be charged with dangerous driving.
The big problem today is employers are always in communication with you on the road, Where are you, how many jobs have you left, don't go there go somewhere else, or the wife could be having a rant at you on the phone, all this adds to frustration when driving, taking risks and ultimately stress and tiredness. No boss can force you to answer a call on the move and even hands free uses up your proper concentration when driving and that puts you in a situation of being less aware of what's going on around you.
Drivers that text on the move should be banned for at least 4 weeks as in my mind are even a greater hazard with their eyes off the road.

No call or text is that important, if it is stop and don't risk others lives or your own.

Last edited by murphyv310; 30th May 2013 at 20:28.. Reason: Punctuation
murphyv310 is offline   Reply With Quote