View Single Post
Old 13th January 2008, 20:00   #6
andy
Avid contributor

ZT-T cdti automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cs View Post
Does anyone have any experience of towing on the A71 and A75 in France? The map suggests that it might be mountainous and I dont want to start something that I, and more relevantly. the car cannot finish.

Thanks

Colin
We have a villa just north of Beziers so know the route well.

I have not towed with the zt-t but did take a big caravan down there with a transit.

I would say definately no problem as yes you do climb but providing you are happy to keep to a reasonable speed ( and you are not overloaded ) and do not thrash it you will have no problems.

The killer used to be Millau, the dropdown to the Tarn really caned the brakes and the climb back up was often a 2nd gear crawl, once with a heavily (over?) loaded van I was in 1st !

But that is a thing of the past now the viaduct is open ( it was really something watching them build it, and going over it you really do not appreciate just how high it is )

Another plus is that apart from the viaduct the A75 is toll free and you get the views thrown in !

Where abouts are you going to ? if you would like to PM me your landline number I will phone you and give you any help/information I can

Andy
andy is offline   Reply With Quote