Thread: Post your kit
View Single Post
Old 21st April 2013, 21:56   #30
bongi69
Gets stuck in

75 Connoissuer 2.0 CDT AKA Josie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw123 View Post
This is silly who cares what kit anyone has? or is it just a mines bigger than yours mentallity or a I have more money than you, look what I've got mentallity.

Just because you have all the gear with bells and whistles on doesn't make you a good photographer it just means you've waisted a load of money.

After all you can take beautiful photographs with a point and shoot costing less than £20.

But just for the info I have a Canon eos 500D with a 50mm standard lens and a 70-210 Sigma zoom....but mostly use my pocket size Fujifilm AX550 16mp point and shoot which produces really nice shots even at a high resolution.

Having a good subject and the eye for a good shot is most important. The kit is secondary to all else.
I got my 400D with a Dixons voucher I won, the Sigma lens was as explained above a huge bargain as was my speed light (very similar story to the lens), both my 35mm bodies and the FD lenses cost less than £50. Most I have spent of my own earned cash was on a battery grip. Trust me money is something I do not have but I do take pride in my kit and do like to share with like minded people. Any of my posts above are not meant to be Showing off in anyway apologies if they seem that way. But I do agree with your sentiment of great kit does not a great photo make. I've gotten very good shots on my Galaxy S2

Back on topic, add a 50mm f1.8 EF lens to my kit. Got it yesterday for my birthday

Recent stats from my euro road trip: 1605 miles driven through 5 different countries, 160.7 litres of diesel used giving an MPG of 47.1. Total diesel cost €222, €0.13 per mile
bongi69 is offline   Reply With Quote