View Single Post
Old 8th February 2013, 22:35   #1
coolasacucumber
Gets stuck in

'54 Black MG ZT CDTi + 160

Default My Pearl Black '04 ZT CDTi + 135

Following on from my previous thread asking for a bit of advice, I have just arrived home with my new car!

Saw it advertised on the net for a reasonable price, 2004 54 plate ZT CDTi + 135 model in metallic, possibly pearlescent black(?).

I won't bore you with too many details, but the drive home was fantastic, much better than I'd anticipated.

The car has covered 91k miles, but it still feels so tight and responsive, everything from acceleration to handling, braking, steering etc, the feel of it is more like a car with half or a third of the mileage.

The handling especially impressed me. When accelerating out of A & B road tight corners, it just so, well, planted for want of a better expression. It gives a very sure, and confident drive.

If I'm honest, I am somewhat underwhelmed with a few things. The spec levels leave a bit to be desired... No trip computer, no cabin ambient lighting etc etc, but that's probably just the model that I have bought (?).

Here are some pictures:-

I do have a few plans for it, I'm not normally one to leave a car standard!

It no particular order, but things that I have have already noticed need (want) to change are:-

Stereo - it has the flip screen tape & boot cd changer. Although the quality is ok, I need to be able to attach my iPhone & Pod somehow... Any suggestions welcome.

The wheels, whilst not the worst that I have seen, really could do with some attention. Ideally I'd like to get them refurbished, possibly in a dark anthracite colour. I'll need a couple of tyres soon too.

The front MG badge has faded somewhat, so that'll need replacing, possibly with a black, carbon, or anthracite effect one.

The drivers seat, whilst in pretty good condition, does have some bobbling on the alcantara, so I'll try and tackle that, delicately!

The bodywork could do with a good t-cut, mop & polish, so I may look into getting that done professionally, then keep on top of it regularly. I've not had a black car for a while, but my memory is that they are a nigtmare to keep clean!

I don't like 'GB' number plates, so I'll be getting some new ones, possibly with the full size rear, but I can't decide if I'll prefer it the smaller size

As I was viewing it, the rear number plate lights both went out! It could be a fuse, or something more sinister, so I'll have to look into that asap. I'd like to replace the bulbs with LED's anyway.

On that note, I'd like to replace the interior light bulbs with LED's too, for a bit more of a modern feel.

The drivers mat, whilst original, has a little wear hole in it, so I'll probably replace them with a new set from ebay.

When I get a new car, I like to go way over the top and give it a really good clean, so that's coming soon too!

I'd appreciate any comments, ideas & suggestions please. This is my first MG, so I'm very new to this game!

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by coolasacucumber; 4th April 2013 at 08:44..
coolasacucumber is offline   Reply With Quote