View Single Post
Old 1st February 2013, 08:02   #19
Jezzer 1
I really should get out more.......

75 V8 Connoisseur SE Saloon: 75 V8 Contemporary SE Saloon and others!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMax1000 View Post
Will do

Ta

BTW. Did you manage to find a V8 for the money you're willing to pay?

I'll stick my head above the parapet here - I am qualified to comment as I've got 3 V8's .

One we've owned from brand new, bought it when Rover were still alive, and it has just under 7K miles on the clock.
One was bought in 2010 with 25K miles on the clock and was a Rover Group advertising car, the third was bought a couple of months ago with 55K on the clock. Max price for either of the secondhand cars was £5.5K.

I agree with the belief that this car is overpriced. It was previously owned by Andy on here, who spent a lot of money on having it resprayed, refurbed and generally cleaned up. It's a very nice car in a good colour, but still has 99K miles on the clock.

It's been advertised at £4995, £7995, £7495 and now it's back to £7995 again. My view is that £4995 is a much more accurate price .

There have been several cars advertised lately at around £7.5K, but I don't think the market is really ready for that price level - unless it's a low mileage car with good historyand/or an unusual colour. It seems to me that people think they can get a high price just because the cars are rare, but the ceiling seems to me to rest around £6K max for all but the very best cars, which might make £7.5K.

Who knows however where prices may be in 10 years time .

There you are, I'm back down in the trenches again now!