Old 28th November 2012, 13:41   #82
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan View Post
Thanks Sean.

To be honest, I'm totally confused.

You say that your units are suited to my car. A couple of things probably worth mentioning:

1. I am in Australia. Clearly I would need Australian satnav maps. Also, I don't think there is any TMC here. I could be wrong, but I don't think I need it anyway.

2. My car is a 260 with Highline and HK. I have read elsewhere that it is not straightforward to install these Chinese units and retain the HK sub and amp. I have the BMW 17-pin round connector in the boot, connected to the factory radio module. I have the twin ISO (grey and brown) connectors in behind the console. But I'm stuffed if I know how these Chinese units plug in.

I read through the full thread in the link you provided, but there didn't appear to be anything catastrophic. Personally, I prefer the appearance and GUI of this unit, but I wouldn't place greater importance on this than sound and trouble-free operation. But that thread didn't suggest to me that there were any major problems.

I am a fair way into liaising with the people at www.sundaybuy.com, but it's not clear to me whether I need the version with CANbus or without. There has also been alot of to-ing and fro-ing in terms of trying to get the right spec and connectors etc. Basically I have placed an order with them but I'm not really sure that what I have ordered is correct, so the order is on hold. Hence, I didn't really think that I could ask for your advice!

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. If I can be satisfied of the benefits of your unit over theirs, can get a reasonably straightforward explanation of how to install it to operate properly in my car, and you are able to cater for me being Down Under then I would be happy to cancel my order and place one with you.

Cheers
Ben
Hi Ben

I am More than happy to help. We help all members.
Let me say , I have 3 of these that are now planters ! LOL
Factory support was an issue. They refused to acknowledge problems and honor warranty ! And We only ordered 5 !

Our Units Are Not Provided with Canbus. You should not need the Canbus.

I Have maybe 40 Units in Australia as well, Maps and Program are not a Problem for us. We have Maps from April of this year.

We can advise you on the Install with the HK and the AMPS. I Have the Aerial Extensions and the 17PIN Adapter as well.

Anything we can do to help, Please let me know ! Cheers

Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote