Thread: Bankers ...
View Single Post
Old 1st July 2012, 10:38   #9
Martin75
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDti Auto Saloon 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
There is no need to have to include a precautionary ‘alleged’, the bank concerned has been fined £290 million pounds.
The word 'alleged' was included for three considerations...

1) It's the plural of banker, (thread title) and so far guilt has only been established against Barclays, so I wanted the innocent to be protected.

2) Without caveat, it might be considered as a depreciative, political, or racist statement, encouraging others to publicly stone bankers to death and thereby contravene rule 15.

3) I wanted to be cautious, knowing bankers are well respected, as so far we've given them £30,000 of our own money each, to get over their little problems. Also I know our readers are altruistic, objective thinking altruists.

Unfortunately Banks are like sewers, both stink but are necessary for civilisation.

Lets not be negative, look on the bright side,

Bob the 'Diamond' geezer has suddenly declined his £3.4 million bonus. What an act of social conscience, Well done Bob.

A real sacrifice for a man with a menial salary of £1.4 million, and now relying on his savings from the £25 million he's worked hard for these past three years. Be reasonable, how can poor Bob manage to run his Learjet following such self-denial?

If we’re not careful and treat him properly - he'll leave us forever and return to the 'Land of the Free!
Martin75 is offline   Reply With Quote