View Single Post
Old 29th May 2012, 16:57   #25
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlpenn View Post
Silly really, The way to reduce Obesity in this Country is to reduce the VAT on "Healthy" Foods etc, Make it more accessible for Poorer Families to eat good food. Taxing "unhealthy" food serves no purpose whatsoever it just makes it harder for poorer families to budget meals in as they cannot afford to buy decent food. Also (many) Parents are a little thick when it comes to raising Kids and their Diet, there is no doubt of this, Schools now have introduced a "5 a Day" regime and Kids are encouraged to eat Healthily, however, this has dowsides too. My 7 Year old refused to drink some Fresh Juice the other day because it had "Salt" in it - I tried to explain to him why, which wasn't easy I can promise you, but he was adament it was bad for him because his Teacher had said so

Another one is Cigarettes, they cost the NHS Billions in Smoking related Disease allegedly, so the Gov't plan to stop people Smoking? Tax them and then hide the Ciggies behind screen doors in a Shop Logic solution would be to ban them, they can cause heart and lung disease, but no, They aren't banned. Why? Revenue..........That's why.

The Government have no idea on how to do things properly, we all know this from experience. The Gov't do not care about Health, they just view it as another excuse to slap Taxes on something and produce more Income for them to fund War's and 'Aid' to other Countries, whilst it's our own Country that sinks like a brick. Same with the Enviroment, yay lets save the Planet by whacking "Green Tax" on some stuff..........
IF those are the issues that concern you about this Country, I would suggest that you read the Policies/Manifesto's of some of the smaller Parties!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote