The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   It came in threes... :( (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=92999)

James.uk 13th September 2011 16:54

It came in threes... :(

Awww.. The lady I lend my ZX too was turning right into what is effectively our drive, when the bloke who uses the drive next to ours backed out straight into her..... :(

So, to save any legal messing I have now legally given her the car, she uses it 99% of the time, and taxed and insures it anyway, so it's no big deal, and I con borrow it anytime I like.. :}

Fortunately the damage is confined to the drivers side rear, the other car having hit the ZX just behind the rear wheel, again, luckily it missed the rear door.. :}

The direction of impact was, from the front at about 45% into an area just behind the rear door. The impact has pushed the whee larch in about an inch locally, but nothing mechanical was involved as the car has passive rear wheel steering, so the suspension was able to absorb the low speed impact very easily.. :}

My estimate of costs is about £500 max, Dependant on how greedy the body shop prove to be.. lol.. :o And meanwhile the car is perfectly driveable...... :}

Pic shows the area damaged. I used a pic of my first ZX, (written off by someone else!) as being road salt Grey, it is easier to draw on innit.. :D

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...amagedarea.jpg

FredSpencer 13th September 2011 19:11

Save yer money, Jimbob ...... a few dents will add some character to that box. ;) :getmecoat:

James.uk 13th September 2011 19:50

BOX!! BOX! whatchewtalkinbout Fwedwick!! That car is superb innit!

Lecky windows and sunroof, 55 MPG, top speed of 110 mph ish. passive rear wheel steering, ECU free, and so far, several years of virtually trouble free running.. The cars brilliant innit! :bowdown: :D :D :D

Oh and it is currently running on cooking oil at £1.. litre.. pfttt.. :p: :D

And ---- Historically, a ZX won the Dacca rally.. :D..

Box indeed.... awwww... How offside is that.. :o

FLYER 13th September 2011 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 804850)
Save yer money, Jimbob ...... a few dents will add some character to that box. ;) :getmecoat:

thats just plain mean .;)

FredSpencer 13th September 2011 19:57

A box is a box, no matter how you try to justify it ...... adding some round bits can only be an improvement. :p:

James.uk 13th September 2011 20:08

Round bits? you want round bits? What about the wheels then Fred? it has four of em, one on each corner so you can see at least two of them from every angle innit.. :p: :shrug: :}

Oh and if you want more, there's anuvver one inside right in front of where you sit to drive, if you wanna see it.. :p: :}

And... The air filter under the bonnet is also round, as are most of the pipes under there.. ---- :}

Round indeed, you'll get me hand round yer ear me lad that's what you'll get innit.. ;) :} :}

Come to think of it -- they did make a more roundy one. they call it the Peugeot 306 and charge ya 6 times as much for one innit.. lmho :D :D :D

FredSpencer 13th September 2011 20:21

Keep clutching those straws. ;)

James.uk 13th September 2011 20:53

Talkin bout straws Fred -- You coming to the next Yorkie meet? I will share a coffeee with ya.. :}

(Even thou you bin rude about the ZX!) ;) :p: :}

FredSpencer 14th September 2011 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 804992)
Talkin bout straws Fred -- You coming to the next Yorkie meet? I will share a coffeee with ya.. :}

(Even thou you bin rude about the ZX!) ;) :p: :}

Not down at Thryburgh (is that how to spell it?). I've been there twice, which is plenty of time to see all that it has to offer. Besides, a load of hooligans keep turning up. ;) :getmecoat:

Talago 14th September 2011 16:49

It looks customised now with those red flames painted on the rear wing.