The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Moving House !!! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=88508)

FLYER 14th July 2011 09:10

Moving House !!!

Moved house yesterday and what a nightmare .

If i ever move again i,m just packing a suitcase and leaving the lot behind.
:getmecoat:

:D

soapy 14th July 2011 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 761974)
Moved house yesterday and what a nightmare .

If i ever move again i,m just packing a suitcase and leaving the lot behind.
:getmecoat:

:D

They do say George it's the second most stressfull thing to do after divorce,i have moved house 3 times each time gathering more stuff and a couple of kids along the way.

Staying put this time though will just extend if we need more room.:D

FLYER 14th July 2011 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapy (Post 761979)
They do say George it's the second most stressfull thing to do after divorce,i have moved house 3 times each time gathering more stuff and a couple of kids along the way.

Staying put this time though will just extend if we need more room.:D

Tell you what , thank god for luton vans with a tail lift , i had already moved our huge gothic style bed and living room settee's in a mates trailer but my fridge freezer was a struggle and the tail lift saved the day .

Apart from me going flying backwards in the hallway it went like clockwork .

Sweaty clockwork , my mate and i sank a few cold ones to recover :drool4:

Roverowner 14th July 2011 10:41

Back to the Gorbals is it:getmecoat:;):D

carlpenn 14th July 2011 10:59

I feel for you :(

We moved last year to our current property, though I must admit, we were pretty organised, spent a week transferring boxes to new address via the Car and on the day of moving it took 4 hours to load and unload the Van, but what a horrific 4 hours it was.

We couldn't load Quick enough to get away from the dump we lived in :p:

In fact the hardest part was catching the damn cats, they knew what was going on and protested a little too much, took weeks for the scars to heal :p: :p: :p:

Still, isn't it a lovely feeling to put your feet up at the end of the day in your "new" home :D

pab 14th July 2011 11:36

Totally agree,house moving is one of the most stressful things in life,to make things easier during our move from Scotland to Leeds we decided to use a removal company.We received a very professional service from the company with no damage or breakages.

The time which was saved assisted me in the renovations of the new house,which is now nearly complete.

WeeMan 14th July 2011 12:17

:shrug: Just noticed you'd moved to Leeds Paul!, was it something I said? lol. Hope your settled in and alls well mate.
Same for the other "movers and groovers" :D

FLYER 14th July 2011 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roverowner (Post 762000)
Back to the Gorbals is it:getmecoat:;):D

How dare you .:D

After some 17 years as a country boy i am now once again a Glasgow lad .

sunny BALORNOCK in fact .

Chinese nosh shop round the corner.
Ice cream van calls 4 times a night.
Handy shops 5 mins away .

Country living is peaceful and stress free but it,s no substitute for an ice cream cone and penny sweeties lol.

Nightly police helicopter visits and wailing sirens , not quite helmand province but give it time.:p:

FLYER 14th July 2011 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlpenn (Post 762008)
I feel for you :(

We moved last year to our current property, though I must admit, we were pretty organised, spent a week transferring boxes to new address via the Car and on the day of moving it took 4 hours to load and unload the Van, but what a horrific 4 hours it was.

We couldn't load Quick enough to get away from the dump we lived in :p:

In fact the hardest part was catching the damn cats, they knew what was going on and protested a little too much, took weeks for the scars to heal :p: :p: :p:

Still, isn't it a lovely feeling to put your feet up at the end of the day in your "new" home :D

on the subject of cats the wife's cat now has a whole new lot of furniture to scratch .:(

Roverowner 14th July 2011 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 762050)
How dare you .:D

After some 17 years as a country boy i am now once again a Glasgow lad .

sunny BALORNOCK in fact .

Chinese nosh shop round the corner.
Ice cream van calls 4 times a night.
Handy shops 5 mins away .

Country living is peaceful and stress free but it,s no substitute for an ice cream cone and penny sweeties lol.

Nightly police helicopter visits and wailing sirens , not quite helmand province but give it time.:p:

A nice 2 bedroom place on Balgrey Hill:shrug:. Bet the view is fantastic:D

The large -H- on the top must make you popular with the chopper pilots when they get taken short;)