The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My worst Nightmare (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=73668)

ceedy 5th December 2010 11:14

My worst Nightmare

After 4 years I've done the only thing you don't do , when you have only one Key for the car.

Whilst up to eyeballs in shopping on Friday afternoon ..Seem to have lost it somewhere between the car and the House, (about 20 yards.!!)

or it in the house lost amongst the debris of the decoratiing.

Still searching everywhere, ?:mad:.

I can get in /out the car with my xtra remote locking unit spare , and pop boot too, but can secure it !! :confused:
if someone has picked them up ??, its got a MG Fob and only 2 MGS in the vicinity , my ZT and Swmbo's ZR.

I've got a New fob with barcode a short while back and a blank blade to get cut as spares but too late now ..

Obviously can get a new key from someplace , but the car is at home so nowhere near a t4 :(

Chris

ceedy 5th December 2010 12:26

......Double DOH!!!!!

TYPICAL.... init... been searching since friday...... almost pulled the kitchen to pieces... well it needed a clearup .;)

And 30mins after I post this ....... My son finds them !!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:....: cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering:

Seems I missed the key hook .. and they fell down, in the porch and into almost empty bag of potoatoes (don't we all keep spuds in the porch :D)..
this had then been moved into the larder, for a new bag in the porch for Xmas !!

I don't panic about anything really ..,, but even so its a big relief !! ..;)

And off to get the spare sorted tomorrow!! It won't happen again !!! ..

And I won't have to use the ZR, it tends to rattle my teeth..:D

tvpcop 5th December 2010 13:31

Haha all's well that ends well eh? :D

Brigus 5th December 2010 14:05

Haha - good story - we've all been there in some way.

Worth it though - just the kick in the proverbial you needed to get that spare key sorted.

Yella Fella 5th December 2010 14:19

I must confess, I also have one key only and was defrosting the car the other morning and somehow locked all doors with me outside! :panic: So the engine was running and Im locked out! What a diddy.

Hammer then rear offside 1/4 panel glass ordered to be fitted when delivered.

Second key organised and awaiting delivery.

Lesson learned!

Brigus 5th December 2010 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yella Fella (Post 630178)
I must confess, I also have one key only and was defrosting the car the other morning and somehow locked all doors with me outside! :panic: So the engine was running and Im locked out! What a diddy.

Hammer then rear offside 1/4 panel glass ordered to be fitted when delivered.

Second key organised and awaiting delivery.

Lesson learned!

Ouch! Hope you can keep the car under cover until the new glass is fitted.

pab 5th December 2010 15:16

That was a close call..always handy keeping a bag of potatoes in the porch ;)

Panrock 5th December 2010 17:57

Last month I threw my key on the tip along with some junk. Not a happy bunny... :mad: The key was gone for good, digested in the masticator.

I have since obtained another key, programmed etc. and am about £180 poorer...

Steve

Villa Villan 5th December 2010 18:02

Well done your son, a chip off the old block ;).

Cheers
Tony

MalteseMarc 5th December 2010 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villa Villan (Post 630324)
Well done your son, a chip off the old block ;).

Cheers
Tony

Certainly will need to make sure that you keep you eyes peeled for your keys next time, eh;)