The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Annoying Squeaks and Rattle Thread (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=33371)

The_Monk 15th February 2009 21:41

The Annoying Squeaks and Rattle Thread

Just wondered if it would be a good idea if people could document all the locations which cause rattles and squeaks in the car. Some of them are driving me nuts when the radio is off. So far I have definately discovered.

1. Passenger Seat Belt Pretensioner when not buckled vibrates against centre console.
2. Driver and Passenger Seat if leather squeak against the centre console.
3. Unbuckled seat belt belts vibrate against door pillars.

There is also some sort of knocking behind the dash towards the top, above the glovebox but I've not discovered the source.

Z T Top 15th February 2009 21:47

Rattles!!!!!!!!!
Door cards take it in turn to rattle (God help me if they all rattle at once)
Dash, even though I am on my second dash it still vibrates like an Ann Summers party.
Mark

eddybrown 15th February 2009 22:06

I get a vibration around 1600rpm which happens to be about 40 in 4th from the bottom side of the windscreen where it meets the dash. I sometimes wedge a tissue or something similar between them which solves the problem.

Rob75 15th February 2009 22:06

my car suffers from sqeaky rear suspention syndrome.:(

David3807 16th February 2009 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob75 (Post 286584)

On the move or just when people are getting in and out of the car ??

valkyrie 16th February 2009 06:49

I have 51 plate tourer cdt, she rattles away like an orchestra of castanets from somewhere in the middle of the dash. I think that it is just something with Rover build....does anyone remember the 800's? Put together with red-hot screws! I had a sterling coupe and could not believe that she would have cost 25k+, the build quality was so awful. I am afraid to say that 75's are not much better. We all want them to be, because we like them, but in reality they are not.

James C 16th February 2009 08:43

My door cards had rattled something chronic and a lot of the clips had given up the ghost... Spent Saturday with a box of clips and a screwdriver, car sounds so much more like it should now! Just the passenger airbag to take out next and tighten the torx bolts up to stop that rattling

deano78 16th February 2009 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob75 (Post 286584)

me too. happens when getting in/out of the car. also hae an annoying rattle from inside the dash if the fans on 3 or more. engine undertray also keeps flapping about as the large securing pins keep coming loose. its not hanging off by any means but flaps about when I hit a sizeable bump.

chrislloydie 16th February 2009 11:24

My suspension squeaks but only when people are getting in and out of the car.

Also, had a major rattle at 1800rpm which turned out to be the drivers door release handle cable. It was vibrating against the door and was solved by wrapping a piece of pipe insulation around it.

NikTheGeek 16th February 2009 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by David3807 (Post 286613)
On the move or just when people are getting in and out of the car ??

My very noisy rear springs (or bushes?) are when people are getting in and out. And not great big heavy people either, my 6 year old can set it squeaking!! And its loud!