The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Upgrading to a Smartphone (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=325620)

macafee2 18th September 2023 19:51

Upgrading to a Smartphone

I have had to upgrade to a Smartphone, only problem, I'm too thick to be able to use it.
Also having to learn how to use What3Words and Google Maps together.
Spent hours on the phone with O2 to get data as I have just a calls and texts package. Thanks to Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert the data is costing just £2.99 a month, without MSE it was going to cost £6 a month

The amount of swearing:eek:

Thank goodness my wife knows how to use the damn thing.

All this because I've volunteered for Lincolnshire Emergency Blood Bikes Service.

macafee2

dave lincs 19th September 2023 05:41

That comes as no surprise, Maybe you should post this on a phone forum not a car forum or perhaps you think you have by mistake?

Dave, Sent from my smartphone

another_clean_sheet 19th September 2023 11:34

"Smart" is that the definition of the phone or is it the requirement for the person using it?

trikey 19th September 2023 12:02

Heres a good what three words address

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...9aff7cfb09.jpg

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

WillyHeckaslike 19th September 2023 13:40

Hi Ian. So you now have data and calls and if you don't mind me asking, at what price? I went for a smart phone a while back purely for its camera to take gas meter reading pics - the meter I suspect was fitted by a contortionist and it is not easy to read. I do now have a data and unlimited calls deal with Sky which costs £5.70/month but I only use the phone for calls when needed. After the rare call I remove the sim card from the phone and place it in a wifi box to provide for my internet use. It won't suit everyone but it does me as a light user who does not stream movies or download much and it has enabled me to bin the landline.

macafee2 19th September 2023 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike (Post 2979009)
Hi Ian. So you now have data and calls and if you don't mind me asking, at what price? I went for a smart phone a while back purely for its camera to take gas meter reading pics - the meter I suspect was fitted by a contortionist and it is not easy to read. I do now have a data and unlimited calls deal with Sky which costs £5.70/month but I only use the phone for calls when needed. After the rare call I remove the sim card from the phone and place it in a wifi box to provide for my internet use. It won't suit everyone but it does me as a light user who does not stream movies or download much and it has enabled me to bin the landline.

£5.70, that is a damn good price. I was on £5 for calls and text and will now pay £7.99 for 15GB of data and calls and text. I have no idea how much data What3Words uses per hour or how many hours I will be using it.

As the phone will pick up our wi fi and I'm waiting the new sym card, I have been able to link to the groups shared list of W3W locations and added one of my email accounts. It is downloading loads of emails.

macafee2

MissMoppet 19th September 2023 17:03

1p Mobile the best at least for light users. That's just 1p a minute for phone or text. Asda and many others charge 15p or even 30p for the same service. Excellent website and it's the same rates for roaming (continent).

macafee2 19th September 2023 17:15

Oh i can even use the forum from my phone mind you the screen and key pad is small
Macafee2

trikey 19th September 2023 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2979035)
Oh i can even use the forum from my phone mind you the screen and key pad is small
Macafee2

I find the forum is easier accessed via tapatalk on the phone, far easier to upload pics etc.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Raven Black 19th September 2023 20:42

Smart

Or not so, in my case; above interesting reading. I have had a few messages about using tapatalk when I log onto site but always ignored cos didn't know what it meant.