The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MOT booked for the morning (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=270935)

David Lawrence 24th July 2017 16:25

MOT booked for the morning

For the last 25 years i have been using the same MOT 0nly place, Queens Cross in Brynbo, and always had the very best service from him.

This year i just cant get hold of him, and his place is all locked up, i have had to book with a new place. After 25 years it is quite a nervous moment to start somewhere else....

Luckily i have found another MOT only place, so will see what he says.

Plezier 25th July 2017 05:44

May I wish you the very best of luck. Sadly in MOT tests there are just too many areas where it's up to what the tester thinks like the colour of those stupid orange tinted bulbs.

David Lawrence 25th July 2017 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plezier (Post 2521639)
May I wish you the very best of luck. Sadly in MOT tests there are just too many areas where it's up to what the tester thinks like the colour of those stupid orange tinted bulbs.

Thats an example of how good my last tester was, he would have given me a new set of orange bulbs to sort it there and then.

simondhopkins 25th July 2017 06:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Lawrence (Post 2521646)
Thats an example of how good my last tester was, he would have given me a new set of orange bulbs to sort it there and then.

Proper customer service that.

Good luck with the MOT.

Gareth.Richards 25th July 2017 07:05

Good luck with the MOT.

Gareth

David Lawrence 25th July 2017 08:39

Another straight pass for the 52 plate wedgie blue connie SE.

The new place is pretty good, and completed the test with no advisories at all.

Mickyboy 25th July 2017 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Lawrence (Post 2521712)
Another straight pass for the 52 plate wedgie blue connie SE.

The new place is pretty good, and completed the test with no advisories at all.

That deserves a big 👍 Mate
Mick

David Lawrence 25th July 2017 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickyboy (Post 2521727)
That deserves a big 👍 Mate
Mick

Thanks Mickey, the new calipers will be needed to get my second car through. One is sticking on. Also needs a drop link replacing. The calipers should be in argos for me this afternoon according to the tracking. I am planning to do the electrolysis trick then refurbish with new pistons seals and sliders, then hopefully be good as new.

Plezier 25th July 2017 11:14

Well done on the pass.

Mickyboy 25th July 2017 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Lawrence (Post 2521750)
Thanks Mickey, the new calipers will be needed to get my second car through. One is sticking on. Also needs a drop link replacing. The calipers should be in argos for me this afternoon according to the tracking. I am planning to do the electrolysis trick then refurbish with new pistons seals and sliders, then hopefully be good as new.

Hi David
Yes I can confirm Argos have got a pair of rover 75 calipers currently in stock:}
Mick