The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Whilst Banana is away.................. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=268907)

FLYING BANANA 13th June 2017 12:42

Whilst Banana is away..................

...........................at MJS for some much needed work, including the problem with the PAS, they have let me a borrow a right little cracking Rover 25 IXL. It's been 'tweaked' and goes like stink. Wound the elastic band up and I cruised home on the motorway at 69.9mph(ish!).
Needs a bit of loving, I gave it a good wash when I got home, but still a lovely little car. Mike paid £50 for it as it had HGF and the owner wanted it gone.

If anyone is going to MG Live don't forget to go and have a look on the MJS stand. They will have at least 2 MG TF Turbo's and a MG ZS Turbo there plus the works van.

steve-45 13th June 2017 15:39

Is it the 1.8 version Bob? I had a 25 auto with a 1.8 and it went like stink !

FLYING BANANA 13th June 2017 17:40

News from the (sea)front..............

.........................seems that the steering rack has failed on Banana.
Oh! Well, no doubt it will be fixed before the weekend, if not then the Bear will be going to the Castle Howard meet.

Mgaz 13th June 2017 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2505594)
Oh! Well, no doubt it will be fixed before the weekend, if not then the Bear will be going to the Castle Howard meet.

is the rack a problem on the ZT?

is it the hydraulics? or the actual rack?

whats that gonna cost?

Rooney 13th June 2017 17:50

At least it's a reasonably inexpensive repair and it'll make her drive even better Bob.

FLYING BANANA 13th June 2017 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgaz (Post 2505598)
is the rack a problem on the ZT?

is it the hydraulics? or the actual rack?

whats that gonna cost?

It's the rack that has failed. Will be selling a kidney to pay.

gazcaz 13th June 2017 17:55

Good old MJ :driving:

keithst24 13th June 2017 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2505603)
It's the rack that has failed. Will be selling a kidney to pay.

Bananas worth it mate :D;):D

Teflon 13th June 2017 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2505594)

I commend your approach Bob. A good many folk may consider selling up when faced with a potentially big repair bill, but when you have a car you truly love, it really is worth every penny having them fixed properly. :}

Banana is in the best possible ownership, and his (her?) future is assured all the while that continues. :bowdown:

Well done mate. :}

Cliff

FLYING BANANA 13th June 2017 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teflon (Post 2505614)
I commend your approach Bob. A good many folk may consider selling up when faced with a potentially big repair bill, but when you have a car you truly love, it really is worth every penny having them fixed properly. :}

Banana is in the best possible ownership, and his (her?) future is assured all the while that continues. :bowdown:

Well done mate. :}

Cliff

Thanks Cliff, and she is worth it. Never had a car that has brought me so much pleasure as Banana.