The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   caravanning in Ireland (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=251655)

RPWC 21st August 2016 21:36

caravanning in Ireland

Fancy taking the van to Ireland next year, anyone got links to which websites to look at please.?

Jim Jamieson 21st August 2016 22:26

Check with Colin NI on this forum, he may be able to give some pointers.
Remember he is trying to arrange a 75 meet next year in NI which we hope to attend.

clf 21st August 2016 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2350839)
Fancy taking the van to Ireland next year, anyone got links to which websites to look at please.?

I have no idea about caravanning, but I have looked up a few sites for you.

gocampingni

discovernorthernireland

caravansitefinder

dot gov site

Based close to one of my favourite roads, 'The Coast Road' which more less starts from the Larne ferry terminal, glenariff-forest-park

On top of that, Colin organises an annual trip to tollymore-forest-park, normally at the end of August (this years is 28th August)

Portrush is a very popular place, with many caravan sites (with lots of static vans too) with an air show at the beginning of September, each year. If you are thinking the middle of May, for Portrush, be aware this is the North West 200, so booking well in advance would be advised, as well as cost will likely be higher. But in saying that, you will be in the middle of one of the most famous road races.

In Northern Ireland, you could easily drive around it in a day, so all the beauty spots are easily accessible, and basing yourself in one or two places would be realistic, and yet still visit most of the country.

I hope this gives you ideas, at least in the North.

RPWC 22nd August 2016 08:19

Thanks gents ,but it's Southern Ireland I was on about.;)
The reason being,we have relatives in Southern Ireland we would like to catch up with, but we don't have an address for them ourselves, someone else in the family does.

andymc 22nd August 2016 09:54

Whereabouts roughly in the south? I know of one caravan site in Co. Wicklow (south of Dublin) which is very well regarded.

RPWC 22nd August 2016 10:11

No where in particular Andy,although our rellies live in Dublin

andymc 22nd August 2016 12:57

A handy one to Dublin would be Roundwood Caravan Park, about 30-40 minutes from the city assuming normal traffic. There's also Hidden Valley, which is pretty big and seems to have a lot of onsite activities for kids, if that matters. I've not used either of them myself though, so make sure to do your own digging. ;)

RPWC 22nd August 2016 16:02

Thats not particularly an issue now, as daughter is an adult, and son will be almost 14 by then, but somewhere with evening entertainment or nearby would be good.

andymc 22nd August 2016 18:07

In that case, I think Hidden Valley have their own microbrewery now ...? ;) Both the ones I mentioned are close to villages (Rathdrum, Roundwood) so there'll be at least a couple of pub-restaurants, shops etc within walking distance, possibly more in Roundwood than Rathdrum. Beyond that I don't remember specifically enough to say, sorry. But there are plenty of villages within half an hour or less of a drive from one another - Enniskerry, Wicklow town, Avoca, Glendalough et al. Wicklow town will have a range of places to choose from in terms of food & drink. So will Bray (which is really an outer suburb of Dublin by now) and Greystones.

RPWC 22nd August 2016 21:10

Much appreciated Andy,will check them out neater the time.