The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   ABS warning light (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=247263)

Swordy 17th June 2016 19:47

ABS warning light

Hi,
Had the front hub replaced after the nut had been left off by the previous owners garage.
New hub unit fitted but the ABS light is still on.
Does it need to be reset with a T4?
Anyone near Essex with one I could visit?
Thanks
Paul

Heddy 17th June 2016 19:53

Doesn't need a T4. Check the sensor plug, pull it apart and push it back. If light still on you might try a new sensor.
Edit:- just read that the light is still on, meaning it was on before the hub change? If so, it may be 1 of 4 sensors. Other causes are detailed on many threads regarding this.

Best_of_British 17th June 2016 21:15

I replaced a faulty front hub with one from scrappy as the hub reluctor ring had been damaged by garage drilling out sensor during previous owners tenure. Was gutted at first as the ABS light stayed on, took it for a short drive and ABS light went off and has stayed off.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

klarzy 17th June 2016 21:33

Should not need to be reset. However it is not necessarily the sensor...

If the light comes on with the ignition and goes out, then comes on when you pull away then the plug, wiring, sensor head or reluctor ring may be at fault.

If it comes on and stays on then the ABS pump / valve, is a favourite

coolcat 18th June 2016 06:55

Hi Paul,

Before you do anything else, you did have a Navall3 didn't you ?

If so you may need to snip a wire off from the loom which has been found to cause the abs warning light to come on.

I'll post the picture of the offending wire on here when I get to work.

The black wire pointed at in the photo needs to be snipped off the connector :)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps1m4ihffe.jpg

keithst24 18th June 2016 08:36

I was fitting a dashcam and my abs light was on after... it was just the fuse ... may be worth checking

Keithst24 .....Winnie

HarryM1BYT 18th June 2016 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 2312698)
Should not need to be reset. However it is not necessarily the sensor...

If the light comes on with the ignition and goes out, then comes on when you pull away then the plug, wiring, sensor head or reluctor ring may be at fault.

If it comes on and stays on then the ABS pump / valve, is a favourite

Are you completely sure on that point?

I call that the first stage diagnostics/ the static stage diagnostics. My understanding is that during that first stage, the basic static operation of the sensor is tested. Unplug a sensor, or fit a faulty one and the light will remain on.

klarzy 18th June 2016 11:08

If it comes on and goes out Harry then the static test has passed (i.e. the wiring loop is complete to each sensor so plugs etc should be ok).
If the light comes on and stays on then some part is open circuit or ecu / modulator issue
If the light goes out then comes on after pulling away then at least 1 of the ABS sensors is not returning the pulses in line with the others which points to sensor head / Reluctor ring on at least 1 wheel....

Swordy 18th June 2016 13:46

Thanks

Hi,
Thanks for all the replies.
Jeff this is my recent addition to the fold. I purchased a cdti tourer :-)

Ok, the o/s/f hub and bearing I just had taken off was completely knackered and wobbling(no hub nut on :eek:)
The magnetic ring had worn off.
ABS light was on.
Replaced with second hand hub unit and sensor from Sean.
Light comes on and stays on. Only moved the car a little forward and back to pump peddle. Not driven it properly yet.
Paul

coolcat 18th June 2016 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordy (Post 2312982)
Hi,
Thanks for all the replies.
Jeff this is my recent addition to the fold. I purchased a cdti tourer :-)

Ok, the o/s/f hub and bearing I just had taken off was completely knackered and wobbling(no hub nut on :eek:)
The magnetic ring had worn off.
ABS light was on.
Replaced with second hand hub unit and sensor from Sean.
Light comes on and stays on. Only moved the car a little forward and back to pump peddle. Not driven it properly yet.
Paul

Understood Paul,

I forgot you had bought a new toy;)