The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Cutting out mg zt cdti (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=188928)

horatiostephen 9th July 2014 14:32

Cutting out mg zt cdti

Hi my 1st ever post**ive not long brought a mg zt cdti.. (problem is keeps cutting out when driving & when on tick-over ..could run for 5secs or 5mins fault code *p1195 saying rail pressure control valve, and *p1190 rail pressure control.. scaned on solus-pro scanner by snap on.. changed the fuel rail pressure sensor on end of rail. Guess what... still doing same..
so id be very greatfull any ideas or anybody had same??? Any cures id be very greatfull
Its a 53reg ZT CDTI AUTO 4door
thanks steve

FrenchMike 9th July 2014 15:11

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by horatiostephen (Post 1726737)
Hi my 1st ever post**ive not long brought a mg zt cdti.. (problem is keeps cutting out when driving & when on tick-over ..could run for 5secs or 5mins fault code *p1195 saying rail pressure control valve, and *p1190 rail pressure control.. scaned on solus-pro scanner by snap on.. changed the fuel rail pressure sensor on end of rail. Guess what... still doing same..
so id be very greatfull any ideas or anybody had same??? Any cures id be very greatfull
Its a 53reg ZT CDTI AUTO 4door
thanks steve

Hi,
You have changed the HP sensor ,nothing to do with the HP regulator
situated by the side of the HP pump:

Attachment 36635

Attachment 36636

Often the small O ring is the culprit :}

Mike

paulserina 9th July 2014 15:41

Also the filter can block on the end. It's a very very fine filter

horatiostephen 9th July 2014 19:00

Thanks mike ill try that was adking bout that psrk from rover/mg breakers but only sell with pump he ssid

horatiostephen 9th July 2014 19:08

Paul thanks aswell ill have try find a HP REG ON PUMPbut breakers saying on sell it with the hp pump

horatiostephen 9th July 2014 19:12

Any1 know where can get 1 from with out pump used or new or do an after market 1 from G.S.F or euro car parts ect thanks again...

paulserina 9th July 2014 19:20

Have you tried taking it of and looking at the seals first of all before buying a new one? Also look at the filter on the end of it and see if there is any dirt in it blocking the flow of fuel

horatiostephen 9th July 2014 19:41

Thanks paul..
do you have remove starter motor...??
If cant see nowt can i buy 1 with out pump just looked on e-bay no luck..
Or after market part from like euro car parts or GSF?? OR used just to try??

paulserina 10th July 2014 17:32

Yeah you should be able to search eBay for people breaking one and ask them. I should imagine the filter to be blocked