The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Olympic Torch, What a Farce. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18831)

JohnDotCom 7th April 2008 21:23

Olympic Torch, What a Farce.

The whole thing about the Olympic Torch going around the World is a Farce.

I thought if the Flame went out on torch you had to start all over again not keep re lighting the ****** thing!
Thats hardly keeping the Flame alive and going is it.

Makes a Joke on the Whole thing, might as well just send every country one, a Calor gas Cylinder and Box of Matches.

Who gave those Chinese Blue Suited Pillocks any powers?
They should all be arrested for assault.

Raistlin 7th April 2008 21:31

I now think that the whole Olympic idyll is an outmoded concept.

We no longer have a society that understands, never mind espouses the philosophy.

bad-head-day 7th April 2008 21:33

I tell you what I liked about the French police today, something on the telly. They were showing a protester who had used a bike lock around his neck to fix himself to a sturdy barrier. The camera was filming him up close & I thought they were milking it a bit, showing him shouting at passers-by. Then they showed him from another angle & the French police were about 8ft away next to their van, not bothering to move him on or shut him up like you might expect. A while later the protester had given up on the shouting & was just sitting there attached to the barrier. In a way I'd like to think he had swallowed the key in protest & would have to wait for nature to take its course :buttstr: but it's more likely he would end up sheepishly asking the gendarmes for a hand in getting out of his own lock :)

JohnDotCom 7th April 2008 21:37

To the British Tax Payer that Farce and Joke cost us £1.3 Million Pounds.
What an Absolute waste of Money and police Resources.

Sorry we can't answer your 999 Call we are all protecting this Flame thing, Badly.

Simon W 8th April 2008 01:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 170422)
Who gave those Chinese Blue Suited Pillocks any powers?
They should all be arrested for assault.

Quite right John. Send 'em back to their bosses toute suite - and send the Chinese amabassador with 'em.

Who the hell let a bunch of 'security' oicks take over from the Met police? Can you imagine the Beijing government allowing that in China? It's pathetic.

Simon W 8th April 2008 01:39

PS. For 'Chinese government', read 'mob'.

majedm75 9th April 2008 10:21

Maybe by now you would have seen the same kind of farce we had in Paris for the flame. The Chinese men in blue were also arrogant, and brutal with the people on the side of the streets, more brutal than French police :confused:
See attached for pictures from a local newspaper website (click on the picture to advance to the next or on the arrows on the lower right side of the picture):

http://www.20minutes.fr/diaporama/323

Bernard LPG 9th April 2008 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by majedm75 (Post 170857)
Maybe by now you would have seen the same kind of farce we had in Paris for the flame. The Chinese men in blue were also arrogant, and brutal with the people on the side of the streets, more brutal than French police :confused:
See attached for pictures from a local newspaper website (click on the picture to advance to the next or on the arrows on the lower right side of the picture):

http://www.20minutes.fr/diaporama/323

Ah yes! The CRS. They don't mess about. I saw them in action when I lived in Paris and inadvertently wandered into a student demo. Their policy was to clear all the witnesses before moving into the demo itself. The smell of CS gas lingers with me to this day!

podge 9th April 2008 22:55

Don't get me going on the way the Chinese Government behaves!!On the radio the other day our Mr.Brown said we should not be using the Torch as a means of protest with regard to Tibet.He felt it would be better to encourage meaningfull talks betweeen the Chinese Government and those in Tibet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The phrase containing planet and what one are you on comes to mind. P. :rant:

Simon W 9th April 2008 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by majedm75 (Post 170857)

The British and French police are only acting under orders from their respective governments. Personally, I think it's a disgrace. We should send a couple of gunboats - one British and one French.