The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   V8 Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   IPK Question (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18324)

SMC Trading 28th March 2008 11:50

IPK Question

Can anyone tell me if all V8's have message centre IPK's as I have been offered some, diddn't want to buy them if they are not an upgrade?

Fleckers 28th March 2008 14:44

not sure what your asking or what i need to look at

if you can give me an idiots guid I will check when i get home

cheers

kookiemg 28th March 2008 14:52

What have you been offered? The Message Centres or the whole cluster pack?
As far as I know, not all V8's had the message centre, just SEs - some non SEs had them fitted without the operating stalk, some just the regular info centre with lights...I think. Of course the V8 instruments (well rev counter anyway) will be specific to them too because of the lower redline.

SMC Trading 28th March 2008 14:53

Does your instruments have a message centre that shows MPG, range etc?

SMC Trading 28th March 2008 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookiemg (Post 166071)
What have you been offered? The Message Centres or the whole cluster pack?
As far as I know, not all V8's had the message centre, just SEs - some non SEs had them fitted without the operating stalk, some just the regular info centre with lights...I think. Of course the V8 instruments (well rev counter anyway) will be specific to them too because of the lower redline.

Ah,

That's what I thought, I shall be selling the full instrument packs with message centre next week so if anyone is interested please keep an eye out in the for sale section

Christopher 28th March 2008 15:36

V8's don't show MPG in the message center (I think it would be too demoralising!) they show mph instead :)

kookiemg 28th March 2008 16:04

Yes - the V8 info does not include range nor mpg....basically because we'd all be weeping uncontrollably..!! Instead the noise just puts a big smile on our faces...
It replaces this info with mph readout....

Christopher 28th March 2008 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookiemg (Post 166105)
Yes - the V8 info does not include range nor mpg....basically because we'd all be weeping uncontrollably..!! Instead the noise just puts a big smile on our faces...
It replaces this info with mph readout....

oops! not revs then - will edit ;)

Yes, I suppose range too would not look good would it!! :eek:

Simon 28th March 2008 21:00

Technical reason for the V8's not showing MPG or range is due to the engine management not having data reporting for fuel consumption (and therefore without fuel consumption you cannot calculate your range). Instead MG-Rover substituted the two with a digital speed readout.

SMC Trading 1st April 2008 13:51

MG ZT V8 instrument packs now in the for sale section