The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Beware,,,,ebay fakers (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=110660)

Poppy 11th April 2012 23:50

Beware,,,,ebay fakers

Hiya.Just want to let you know about an experience I had some time ago on eBay. I Purchased a walnut hand brake sleeve. The seller claimed that is had been machined to perfection to for the R75.... I then found out after that it was no more than than a free lander cover which I could purchase from my local Land Rover dealer for £9.99p. I paid £50 for this item..... It was only when I received it and measured the actual size...... I found it to be EXACTLY the same as the Land Rover sleeve....On confronting the seller on ebay about this, plus threatening to report him for items not as described..... He swiftly refunded my 50 quid..... Just a warning that all may not seem as it should..... Now, ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE...:}

tricia1470 12th April 2012 00:07

Good for you and what a *** bet you were really looking forward to it :mad:

P.S Glad your back

Poppy 12th April 2012 00:07

Hiya..... Any questions whatsoever...... I will be more than pleased to answer.... :D

Poppy 12th April 2012 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by tricia1470 (Post 974867)
Good for you and what a *** bet you were really looking forward to it :mad:

P.S Glad your back

Hiya Tricia.....;):):):):):):):) Noo, I am not back as such hun. Just posting what I think is important...;) lol. Unfortunately, this forum will never be the same for me again.... :( Ah well, We cannot have everything to our liking can we... :confused: Poppy.

Dragrad 12th April 2012 00:13

So you got a free handle - nice one :D:D

TBH I view e-bay as a possible source of items, but I also check out numerous other sites for equivalents and often get items far cheaper than on e-bay.

I discovered this a long time ago when I received an Amazon packaged item that I had purchased via e-bay. The seller made £2.00 on his sale :shrug:

But if he does a lot this way then each £2.00 can amount to a lot of money with no stock to hold :(

E-bay is no longer the cheaper option..... In plain English... Buyer .... BEWARE ;)

Ros3 12th April 2012 00:15

Is that your picture Poppy. If it is then your very attractive..:)

Poppy 12th April 2012 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragrad (Post 974873)
So you got a free handle - nice one :D:D

TBH I view e-bay as a possible source of items, but I also check out numerous other sites for equivalents and often get items far cheaper than on e-bay.

I discovered this a long time ago when I received an Amazon packaged item that I had purchased via e-bay. The seller made £2.00 on his sale :shrug:

But if he does a lot this way then each £2.00 can amount to a lot of money with no stock to hold :(

E-bay is no longer the cheaper option..... In plain English... Buyer .... BEWARE ;)

Hi Andrew...... I understand what you are saying..... BUT.... This was a ploy to deceive by the termination used as being "Machined" to fit the R75....lol. Laughable now..... It was no more than the original Land Rover sleeve that I bought locally for £9.99p. The seller deliberately set out to con peeps...... But,,,,,,, then he came across Poppy....lol. Any more questions please.... Surely....?????????;):)

Poppy 12th April 2012 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ros3 (Post 974874)
Is that your picture Poppy. If it is then your very attractive..:)

Hiya.... Noooo Silly,,,,,, it vis my dog....eek, lol

Ros3 12th April 2012 00:24

Very nice..:)

Dragrad 12th April 2012 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy (Post 974875)
Hi Andrew...... I understand what you are saying..... BUT.... This was a ploy to deceive by the termination used as being "Machined" to fit the R75....lol. Laughable now..... It was no more than the original Land Rover sleeve that I bought locally for £9.99p. The seller deliberately set out to con peeps...... But,,,,,,, then he came across Poppy....lol. Any more questions please.... Surely....?????????;):)

And with such an astute person as yourself, he crossed swords with the wrong person :D Good on you :} But your post serves warning that parts can be found elsewhere should you take the time to shop around :D:D