The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   V8 Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   TVNZ Rover V8 Review (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10117)

Roger1 30th September 2007 22:26

TVNZ Rover V8 Review

This is getting old now of course, but I thought some of you may be interested to see what reviewers thought of the V8 when it was first released down under. Incidentally, there's still one brand new MG V8 available from a dealer in Christchurch NZ.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/430905/479625

pmessling 1st October 2007 16:15

don't just stand there go and buy it.

Roger1 2nd October 2007 04:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmessling (Post 89632)
don't just stand there go and buy it.

I'd love too, except for the price. They want $NZ69,000 for it, and that's 24,000 pounds. I know that as soon as it leaves the showroom I'll be down by at least $30,000 due to the high depreciation. Can't afford that! Lovely thought though. Also, I really do prefer my Rover interior. The V8 is in leather and fabric, not the plush leather and wood of my Rover.

But oh the power...............

< N I C K > 2nd October 2007 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger1 (Post 89793)
I know that as soon as it leaves the showroom I'll be down by at least $30,000 due to the high depreciation.

Agreed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger1
Also, I really do prefer my Rover interior. The V8 is in leather and fabric, not the plush leather and wood of my Rover.

But oh the power...............

Below are pictures of a Rover V8 (maybe the same car in the clip) from Newmarket European - which has since closed down. As you can see the interior is a cross between an ZT and an 75. Actually looks pretty good IMO.

Thanks for the link Roger. I watched that clip when it first aired a couple of years ago. Quite a balanced review.

Incidentally the AA Torque show is on Prime TV, but never remember which night.

anglaslt 2nd October 2007 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by < N I C K > (Post 89817)
Agreed!

Below are pictures of a Rover V8 (maybe the same car in the clip) from Newmarket European - which has since closed down. As you can see the interior is a cross between an ZT and an 75. Actually looks pretty good IMO.

Thanks for the link Roger. I watched that clip when it first aired a couple of years ago. Quite a balanced review.

Odd trim package that. The car in the video clip is a 75 V8 in Contemporary trim. The car in the photo is also in Contemporary trim, but if it's the same car it has had the black ash fascia changed for walnut. Not sure it's an improvement but others may disagree.
I think the 75 V8 interior looks better in Connoisseur trim. No idea if any arrived in NZ though.
Enjoyed the video, especially the last couple of minutes. First time I've seen a 75 V8 pushed along like that.
Tom

Roger1 4th October 2007 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by < N I C K > (Post 89817)
Agreed!

Sunday nights, 7pm, just before Dr Who.

< N I C K > 4th October 2007 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger1 (Post 90330)
Sunday nights, 7pm, just before Dr Who.

Dr who's a great show.

On a completely different topic; I'm considering trading in my 16" Unions for 17" Meteors from a Rover wreaker in Walkworth. I say considering because I haven't made up my mind.

Anyway, I am welling to give you first dibs if you were interested in buy the unions off me.

Just a throught.

Kiwirover 4th October 2007 07:56

Hi Guys. The one that was for sale in Newmarket was black, with black contemporary leather. I know because my drool marks are/were still visible on the photos, :D I don’t know what happened to it though.

Roger1 4th October 2007 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by < N I C K > (Post 90333)
Dr who's a great show.

On a completely different topic; I'm considering trading in my 16" Unions for 17" Meteors from a Rover wreaker in Walkworth. I say considering because I haven't made up my mind.

Anyway, I am welling to give you first dibs if you were interested in buy the unions off me.

Just a throught.

Thanks Nick, but I already have 17's on mine. Our older one doesn't though. Do you have any pics, as I cannot picture the different models.

< N I C K > 4th October 2007 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger1 (Post 90361)
Thanks Nick, but I already have 17's on mine. Our older one doesn't though. Do you have any pics, as I cannot picture the different models.

Hi Roger & KiwiRover - the NZer's are out in force tonight.

I'm running a poll in the social forum 'face-off Unions vs. Meteors' . The Unions are the alloys on the left.

If the poll is anything to go by, I should stick with my unions.

Same offer applies for you KiwiRover, if you're interested.

What 17" wheels do you have Roger? The serpents (like the Rover 75 in my signature).