The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Half serviced, oil on asphalt. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=297218)

DaylightRovery 5th July 2019 14:16

Half serviced, oil on asphalt.

So done an oil change and fuel filter change.
Sadly need a 36mm socket for oil filter, aaand long reach allen keys for air filter. Turns out nowhere in this town has any but hey hum.

Managed to get Nasty black oil on the asphalt outside, anyone got any decent home remedies to draw it out?

All the best people. cheers.

sean75 5th July 2019 14:30

if you have any building sand ( or any sand at all) put this on it to soak up the majority then scoop up and dispose of according to local regs.

to clean up use washing up liquid and a stiff brush with lot of warm water.

bl52krz 5th July 2019 15:46

I always use Gunk. Smells nice and really works. Clean your engine with it if it is dirty, and the smell from a warm engine is hhhmmm.

roverbarmy 5th July 2019 15:46

Washing powder (if you can still get it?). Leave it overnight, then hose away. Environmentalists permitting of course!;)

COLVERT 5th July 2019 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2745747)
I always use Gunk. Smells nice and really works. Clean your engine with it if it is dirty, and the smell from a warm engine is hhhmmm.

The only problem with GUNK is that it eats the asphalt away as well as the oil --:eek::eek::eek:

Great on concrete but NOT on asphalt.---

( The OP has asphalt.--:duh:---)

StewartIngram 6th July 2019 07:45

Cats litter. We have the bags of Pets at Home absorbent wood at home. Works for me.

Stewart

Sprinter 7th July 2019 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaylightRovery (Post 2745714)
So done an oil change and fuel filter change.
Sadly need a 36mm socket for oil filter, aaand long reach allen keys for air filter. Turns out nowhere in this town has any but hey hum.

Managed to get Nasty black oil on the asphalt outside, anyone got any decent home remedies to draw it out?

All the best people. cheers.

Use the long end of your allen keys with a small ring spanner on the short end. (Or get a set of T-handle keys)

AndySA 7th July 2019 09:04

Portland cement (if weather dry!) or sawdust work well.

clf 7th July 2019 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2745748)
Washing powder (if you can still get it?). Leave it overnight, then hose away. Environmentalists permitting of course!;)

thats what I used a couple of years ago to soak up PAS fluid, underseal and cavity wax that seeped through the tarps I had below the car. Sprinkle it over, leave it as long as possible, then brush up (there was quite a lot of mess!). Hosed away what I couldnt brush up with the pressure washer.