The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   drivers side window problem (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=291842)

Andrewh15 12th January 2019 21:32

drivers side window problem

Hi,
I have a Rover 75 which I love dearly but she has developed a problem with the drivers side window. It has always been sticky and would sometimes only go up half way and the switch had to be jabbed to get it to close completely. However recently it refused to go up beyond about 2 inches and had to be pushed by hand to completely close it for security. Now it will only go down about 2 inches. Any advice please.

ShaunB 12th January 2019 22:20

Try adjusting the runners they could be too tight

Billyuk1 12th January 2019 22:31

Spray some penetration spray into the cable on the regulator. And some silicone spray on the runners. Failing that it's a new regulator

SD1too 13th January 2019 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrewh15 (Post 2701993)
It has always been sticky ...

As Billy says Andrew, start with the basics. Don't dismantle anything yet, just get some silicone spray and squirt it into the vertical glass channels in the door frame. Then see if you can move the glass (using the lift motor) up and down a little at a time, adding more silicone spray as you do.

Let us know if this works.

Simon

The Mighty Quinn 13th January 2019 10:43

As Simon says, try lubricating the channels first.

But, if that doesn't work, don't worry. A good 2nd hand regulator can be picked up for 20 or 30 quid and it's a relatively straightforward swap-out job (door card off / window glass half way down / undo 2 bolts holding window glass at the top of the regulator / lever top black window channel off from around the top of the door - this has a plug for the anti-trap system, so be careful / lever window glass out from the top - this takes a bit of patience / unplug the regulator / undo 4 bolts, I think, to release regulator mech / swap over the regulator mech / and refit is the reverse).

I think the above is the right sequence (I done this last summer), but if wrong, I'm sure someone will be along to correct.

Cheers,
Karl.

suzublu 13th January 2019 10:53

Try cleaning the switches too, might be the source of the problem:cool:

Mickyboy 13th January 2019 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn (Post 2702048)
As Simon says, try lubricating the channels first.

But, if that doesn't work, don't worry. A good 2nd hand regulator can be picked up for 20 or 30 quid and it's a relatively straightforward swap-out job (door card off / window glass half way down / undo 2 bolts holding window glass at the top of the regulator / lever top black window channel off from around the top of the door - this has a plug for the anti-trap system, so be careful / lever window glass out from the top - this takes a bit of patience / unplug the regulator / undo 4 bolts, I think, to release regulator mech / swap over the regulator mech / and refit is the reverse).

I think the above is the right sequence (I done this last summer), but if wrong, I'm sure someone will be along to correct.

Cheers,
Karl.

£20-£30 for a good used one, more like £18.79 that’s what I sell them for
Mick

The Mighty Quinn 13th January 2019 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickyboy (Post 2702059)
£20-£30 for a good used one, more like £18.79 that’s what I sell them for
Mick

Excellent value, Mick :bowdown:

Cheers,
Karl.

markypicks 16th January 2019 18:19

sounds like the wire has fraded and grtting trapped or could be the anti trap sensor at fault . i purchased 2 off e bay osf/nsf for my 1st 75 that i had there quite easy to fit its getting the door card n trim off then back on that i thought was more difficult than putting the motor n regulator on as it done by wire n spool reels

Devilish 16th January 2019 19:39

Before you go spraying stuff everywhere, first thing is to unplug the regulator, and put a meter on the connector while the switch is operated. My guess the motor is shot. I did one today.