The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Electric folding mirrors how many wires? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=327732)

macafee2 22nd April 2024 11:05

Electric folding mirrors how many wires?

How many wires are at the drivers door switch for electric folding mirrors and for the drivers door mirror how many plugs at the mirror. I don't have access to my car to check thanks Macafee2

macafee2 22nd April 2024 12:34

I have managed to get a look at a Haynes manual, that shows 11 wires at the switch but it is unclear where other wires that join the wires from the switch are terminated. These extra wires may mean there is more then 11, 13 perhaps.

I am also looking at Rave, same problem but that shows that there could be 12 or 13.

The mirror switch for non electric folding has 11 wires.

macafee2

SD1too 22nd April 2024 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2994281)
How many wires are at the drivers door switch for electric folding mirrors ...

According to my RAVE Ian, five.
Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2994281)
... and for the drivers door mirror how many plugs at the mirror.

Two.

Simon

macafee2 22nd April 2024 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2994296)
According to my RAVE Ian, five.

Two.

Simon

2 plugs, sounds good.
5 wires, mmm

I think I have fooled myself and so did not ask the right question. I forgot there are wires for the windows at the door switch.

The reason for my question, was at a scrap yard earlier and I think the door mirrors on a car are electric folding but the car I have at the moment does not have electric folding, that car is at home. They have put the mirrors to one side for me, £60 a pair but I think I will get £6 off as a Blue Light card holder. I'm going to take a chance and buy them as spares.

Thanks Simon

macafee2

Typhoon190 22nd April 2024 20:16

There are an additional 2 wires for the powerfold function that are separate from the standard mirror plug. Orange (solid) and Orange/Red in to a 2 pin plug.

Most cars have this in the main loom, and only require the additional wires to run from the door jam plug into each door and to the mirrors / switch.

Ideally you could do with getting the door looms as well. Much easier with two people as the door really needs lifting off the hinges carefully by popping off the upper and lower retaining circlips in order to release the door jam plugs.

macafee2 23rd April 2024 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Typhoon190 (Post 2994353)
There are an additional 2 wires for the powerfold function that are separate from the standard mirror plug. Orange (solid) and Orange/Red in to a 2 pin plug.

Most cars have this in the main loom, and only require the additional wires to run from the door jam plug into each door and to the mirrors / switch.

Ideally you could do with getting the door looms as well. Much easier with two people as the door really needs lifting off the hinges carefully by popping off the upper and lower retaining circlips in order to release the door jam plugs.

Thanks, these mirrors have the two extra wires.
I only bought them as spares for my saloon which has power fold mirrors, my Tourer doesn't.
I had expected if the power fold mirrors were on a car at a scrap yard, the door switch would be there but not in this case.
Anyway, for just under £60, I got a Blue Light Card discount, I'm happy.

I appreciate the advice.

macafee2