The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The Chill Out Zone (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=113018)

NigelOBB 5th June 2013 06:05

Morning Phil

Gate Keeper 5th June 2013 06:11

Positive news about Derek. I hope your over the worst Derek. View it as a second chance at doing everything at a slightly slower pace and trying out some new tricks. Hush Puppies instead of the Nike's ;)

Gate Keeper 5th June 2013 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelOBB (Post 1325601)
Morning Phil

Hello Nigel how are you doing? I have'nt a clue what it is you do?

NigelOBB 5th June 2013 06:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1325604)
Hello Nigel how are you doing? I have'nt a clue what it is you do?

I'm fine Phil, I work for an Electricity Supplier, but am a joiner by trade..

stevestrat 5th June 2013 06:21

Morning Phil, Nigel. Just grabbing a coffee before collecting Ging from work. Yeh, great news about Derek, the cloud over the forum has lifted.

NigelOBB 5th June 2013 06:29

Morning Steve enjoy your coffee, it has lifted a grey cloud from the forum, mornings have not been the same since That awful news..
Off to work now hope you all have a cracking day 😃

Gate Keeper 5th June 2013 06:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelOBB (Post 1325612)
Morning Steve enjoy your coffee, it has lifted a grey cloud from the forum, mornings have not been the same since That awful news..
Off to work now hope you all have a cracking day 😃

Take care Nigel and catch you later :)

Gate Keeper 5th June 2013 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1325608)
Morning Phil, Nigel. Just grabbing a coffee before collecting Ging from work. Yeh, great news about Derek, the cloud over the forum has lifted.

Ain't that the truth! I have just had my orders... Get dressed, have yer breakfast, and come out for a walk! lol

coolcat 5th June 2013 06:41

Morning everyone,
Sun is still shining, Derek is back home and getting better, all is good in the world:}

greendriver 5th June 2013 07:11

Off to Brighton today as I am staying in Lewes for a few days. I might even get a ipad mini...

freddie 5th June 2013 07:20

Morning all, great news about Derek.
Cloudy here at the moment sun due about mid day .
Still seem to be 5° lower than the rest of the country.
(got the degree symbol using key board thanks)

stevestrat 5th June 2013 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie (Post 1325635)
(got the degree symbol using key board thanks)

I use my laptop so don't have that option :(

reworht 5th June 2013 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1325701)
I use my laptop so don't have that option :(

There is usually a numeric keypad, even on your laptop, but it needs activating by clicking Num Lk on before using it Steve.
Mine sits on the U I O P, J K L, and M keys

stevestrat 5th June 2013 13:10

With mine it's activated by a function key, Fn-Num Lk then you can use the keys for numbers . . . . more bother than it's worth frankly!

Brightened up here but still nowhere near like the last couple of days. Found a box of cassette tapes at the other house including some Twelfth Night stuff. Stuck a tape in the car, man I'd forgotten how good they were, volume suitably cranked up :bowdown:

bubs 5th June 2013 14:07

you can get the ° symbol using the alt commands, alt+0176
hold down alt key and type 0176 on the numberpad, release alt

NigelOBB 5th June 2013 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1325828)
With mine it's activated by a function key, Fn-Num Lk then you can use the keys for numbers . . . . more bother than it's worth frankly!

Brightened up here but still nowhere near like the last couple of days. Found a box of cassette tapes at the other house including some Twelfth Night stuff. Stuck a tape in the car, man I'd forgotten how good they were, volume suitably cranked up :bowdown:

Twelfth Night what a blast from the past and prog at its best..
We are sane is a epic track

stevestrat 5th June 2013 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelOBB (Post 1325955)
Twelfth Night what a blast from the past and prog at its best..
We are sane is a epic track

As I said Nigel, I'd forgotten how good they were. I have most of their albums, including pre record deal fan club only tapes, this is a tape I'd made up for the car or maybe even the motorbike, had a Honda Goldwing at one point. If you can, get a listen to "The Collector", takes up nearly the full side of an LP! It wasn't laid down on vinyl until the "best of" double album appeared (Collector's Item) and was never played live.

NigelOBB 5th June 2013 16:23

I'll see if I can find it.. Your going to get me in trouble with Swmbo as I'll be pulling all my tapes out tonight.. She has been trying to bin them for years.. I hid my vinyl collection at my dads flat lol

I think that's been compromised though as my middle daughter turned up a couple of weeks age with my promo white label of Bonzo goes to Bitburg.. 😳 I was horrified

COLVERT 5th June 2013 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelOBB (Post 1325607)
I'm fine Phil, I work for an Electricity Supplier, but am a joiner by trade..

Both trades handy if you have air bag light problems. ;););)

coolcat 5th June 2013 19:16

Great news guys,
Derek has posted and he's thanked everyone for their kind wishes to Lilian and himself:}

NigelOBB 5th June 2013 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 1326027)
Both trades handy if you have air bag light problems. ;););)

Sshh that's jobs still on my list

coolcat 6th June 2013 05:03

Morning all,
Looks like another Sunny day out there:}

NigelOBB 6th June 2013 05:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1326567)
Morning all,
Looks like another Sunny day out there:}

Morning Jeff

Another grey day up here, the best sort when stuck inside though.

Just off out to work early start today have a great day. Derek I hope you had a comfortable first night back at home 😀

coolcat 6th June 2013 05:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelOBB (Post 1326572)
Morning Jeff

Another grey day up here, the best sort when stuck inside though.

Just off out to work early start today have a great day. Derek I hope you had a comfortable first night back at home 😀

I'll tell the Sun to spread its range a little:D
Have a pleasant day at work, I'm not due in till 8.30 so I have a little bit more rest and relaxation before then:}

stevestrat 6th June 2013 06:08

Morning Jeff, Nigel. Grey and cloudy here as well, light rain last night. Taxi duties for Ging again.

freddie 6th June 2013 07:04

Morning Jeff,Nigel,steve And DErek if your about welcome back mate missed your toast and marmite,Hope you get back to good health soon. Bet your car misses you to:D
Cloudy again here,niggling north east wind again keeping tempretures down.

Georgies Dad 6th June 2013 07:26

Freddie,I am sitting here in Thorpe,the sun is shining,birds are singing

freddie 6th June 2013 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by w44nty (Post 1326624)
Freddie,I am sitting here in Thorpe,the sun is shining,birds are singing

Yes clouds now moving off blue sky appearing.
Shame about the cool wind we keep getting around here.

freddie 6th June 2013 08:03

Well of to breakfast .
Going to busy to day decided to take the front of car again to get to the bottom of why my fans not working, going to move the control box to under the bonnet so wont have to take the slam panel and bumper off again.

reworht 6th June 2013 09:27

It's a hard life being on holiday - got up about 9.00am, breakfast consumed, sun shining brightly, SWMBO doing washing up - and then we're off into York City Centre to try and find a restaurant that serves gluten-free meals - her treat for the week :}

NigelOBB 6th June 2013 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by reworht (Post 1326701)
It's a hard life being on holiday - got up about 9.00am, breakfast consumed, sun shining brightly, SWMBO doing washing up - and then we're off into York City Centre to try and find a restaurant that serves gluten-free meals - her treat for the week :}

Try El Piano in Grape Lane near the cathedral very nice and all g/f or was the last time I was there 😃

v-man 6th June 2013 09:44

Morning all.

Cloudy and cool here, at least its not raining.

Leyland Worldmaster 6th June 2013 09:53

Good morning all,

another sunny one today! Have a good one! A big welcome to the LCOZ Bubs and Steve W44NTY! :D

Gate Keeper 6th June 2013 10:41

Good morning gents. I hope the weather is kind to you. I am just off out to strip out the 4x4 as it is soaking wet inside and one door is full of water as I can hear it slopping around inside. The nephews borrowed it whilst I was away and I know they drove through a couple of rivers. I cant blame it on the plenums as it does not have any. Catch you later :)

NigelOBB 6th June 2013 13:25

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1326756)
Good morning gents. I hope the weather is kind to you. I am just off out to strip out the 4x4 as it is soaking wet inside and one door is full of water as I can hear it slopping around inside. The nephews borrowed it whilst I was away and I know they drove through a couple of rivers. I cant blame it on the plenums as it does not have any. Catch you later :)

Can't beat driving through a river or two 😃

Attachment 23595
Attachment 23596

Gate Keeper 6th June 2013 15:24

Well blow me down Nigel. It is fun :) is that a Mitsubishi or an Isuzu?

NigelOBB 6th June 2013 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1326929)
Well blow me down Nigel. It is fun :) is that a Mitsubishi or an Isuzu?

It's a Mitsubishi Pajero she was a great workhorse, pulled like a train and still would have been but insurance company wrote her off due to age..

Still wouldn't have me rover so there is a plus side..

Took her all over Europe and even a couple of trips to North Africa..

Gate Keeper 6th June 2013 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelOBB (Post 1326936)
It's a Mitsubishi Pajero she was a great workhorse, pulled like a train and still would have been but insurance company wrote her off due to age..

Still wouldn't have me rover so there is a plus side..

Took her all over Europe and even a couple of trips to North Africa..

Pajero's Very popular in Kenya. Agree with everything you say Nigel. I love them particularly the ones which are at least 10 years old as they just go on and on. Beat them up and they can take the hard knocks. The new ones are push button/dial in auto 4 x 4, electrics plus plus gimmicks and I wonder how long they will last.

NigelOBB 6th June 2013 16:07

I agree the MK2s up to 98 are indestructible.. I imported that one from Japan in 2004 it was a 94 2.8td with 16kmiles on the clock had 125k miles in the end. It was owned by a manager for mitsubishi, and stayed in Osaka all its life.. I know this as I found his work pass and by the car pass on the windscreen. It stay immaculate and everything worked.. In all that time apart from tyres I only spent £600 on her replacing the head and HG 2 years ago.

The super select 4wd system is the best I have know. It's no the wonder they dominated the Paris Dakar it was good in mud but better in sand lol 😈

I rescued two new ones a couple of winters ago. These electronic 4x4 systems are not as good

Used to put a smile on my face when ever I rescued a Landie though.. No offence to any one on here.. If they own a Landie

Gate Keeper 6th June 2013 18:15

I am going to be provocative and live near to the edge for a change lol

It is shame that the british car industry from that period had not the reputation for reliability and endurance which the Japanese had earned. Your Pajero would have been a typical example from that era.

NigelOBB 6th June 2013 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1327051)
I am going to be provocative and live near to the edge for a change lol

It is shame that the british car industry from that period had not the reputation for reliability and endurance which the Japanese had earned. Your Pajero would have been a typical example from that era.

I totally agree it Mitsubishi and Toyota nearly killed Landrover.. It certainly lost their main markets in Africa and Australia.. Then when they did strike back they lost site of simple things like having variants that had no ECU etc both Mitsubishi and Toyota do for certain markets there aren't many bush garages with t4's lol

Gate Keeper 6th June 2013 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelOBB (Post 1327065)
I totally agree it Mitsubishi and Toyota nearly killed Landrover.. It certainly lost their main markets in Africa and Australia.. Then when they did strike back they lost site of simple things like having variants that had no ECU etc both Mitsubishi and Toyota do for certain markets there aren't many bush garages with t4's lol

The old land cruisers still hold their price out here for that very reason even if they are old and do not have anything fancy on board :)

MG Tom 6th June 2013 18:59

Those kittens are simply adorable!!

Gate Keeper 6th June 2013 19:07

Enough car talk lol

How has your day been Tom?

Gate Keeper 6th June 2013 19:08

Welcome to the chill out lounge Thomas. How are you this evening?

NigelOBB 6th June 2013 19:09

Evening Tom

Thomas 6th June 2013 19:11

Evening gents! (and any ladies) hope is everyone is well!

im sitting outside soaking up the sunshine, so glad I bought a laptop!

stevestrat 6th June 2013 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1327111)
im sitting outside soaking up the sunshine

Been working in the garden, yet again, so quite happy to be inside in the cool nursing my burnt forearms!

Thomas 6th June 2013 19:21

Well im off to Nairn next week and im really hoping the weather stays like this!

Gate Keeper 6th June 2013 19:22

Quote:

It is heart warming to hear that Lady Luck has smiled with the sun bearing down on you in the northern hemisphere. A recent rumour I saw is that in Scotland, the locals have a blue tinge to their pale skin :D

Gate Keeper 6th June 2013 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1327123)
It is heart warming to hear that Lady Luck has smiled with the sun bearing down on you in the northern hemisphere. A recent rumour I saw is that in Scotland, the locals have a blue tinge to their pale skin :D

One exception...a certain Steve Strat with browned off arms ;)

NigelOBB 6th June 2013 19:26

Quote:

It's starting to cloud over up here put heat on and lit brazier am determined to make the most of the dry weather. I was supposed to be at a meeting tonight then dinner with some friends. but the motorway was shut after an accident, turning the a19 into a carpark after 45mins going 2 miles I decided to turn back.. Never mind I just hope no one was seriously hurt..

Thomas 6th June 2013 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1327126)

I saw that rumour however im suitably browned also!

NigelOBB 6th June 2013 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1327129)
I saw that rumour however im suitably browned also!

Phil this seems clear proof of evolution tee hee

reworht 6th June 2013 19:30

Well, I'm off home tomorrow morning, after 4 glorious days in the tin tent :(
But we're not at home for long - 4 weeks today I'll be at Scone Palace, Perth, having a quick stopover before going on to Rosemarkie on the Moray Firth. A trip up the A9 with 1400kg hanging on the towball will give the Rover (and me !) a good workout :D

Thomas 6th June 2013 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelOBB (Post 1327132)
Phil this seems clear proof of evolution tee hee

Lol must be ! we even have arm and legs now!

stevestrat 6th June 2013 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1327126)

More red than brown at the moment!

Got myself a Marathon bar earlier as a treat with my coffee this evening, however, I left it in the car. I've had to put it in the fridge, either that or eat it with a spoon :(

reworht 6th June 2013 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1327118)
Been working in the garden, yet again, so quite happy to be inside in the cool nursing my burnt forearms!

You have my sympathy Steve - I've got a rather red and sore bald patch in the middle of my head :o

Thomas 6th June 2013 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by reworht (Post 1327135)
Well, I'm off home tomorrow morning, after 4 glorious days in the tin tent :(
But we're not at home for long - 4 weeks today I'll be at Scone Palace, Perth, having a quick stopover before going on to Rosemarkie on the Moray Firth. A trip up the A9 with 1400kg hanging on the towball will give the Rover (and me !) a good workout :D

That sounds like a good road trip!

stevestrat 6th June 2013 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by reworht (Post 1327135)
A trip up the A9 with 1400kg hanging on the towball will give the Rover (and me !) a good workout :D

They do a great breakfast at the House Of Bruar, north of Pitlochry. Two delicious sausages, egg, black pudding, bacon, tomato, two slices of toast and tea/coffee for I think it was £8.95.

Gate Keeper 6th June 2013 19:38

Good evening Freddie :}

MG Tom 6th June 2013 19:41

Nightmare day at work today, made front page of the mid-week news, but not for reasons I'd hoped :(

Was supposed to be going to a pub meet with the South mids sportsters forum bunch but got tied up at work. Stonking headache too. :(

Amazing home made mac and cheese for dinner, my wife really is the best!!

reworht 6th June 2013 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1327147)
That sounds like a good road trip!

In theory, according to Microsoft Autoroute, it's 349 miles. Once upon a time I would have done it as one trip - but old bones don't cope well with long journeys - even in the comfortable armchair that is the Rover ;)
Now, I'll do home to Perth, have a couple of nights there to loosen up again, and then straight on the Black Isle. Coming home, I'll do the same, but stop at Perth for 5 days and have a look around :}

Gate Keeper 6th June 2013 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1327150)
They do a great breakfast at the House Of Bruar, north of Pitlochry. Two delicious sausages, egg, black pudding, bacon, tomato, two slices of toast and tea/coffee for I think it was £8.95.

Nearly 20 quid for 2! it sure is mouth watering, the thought of it :drool4:

reworht 6th June 2013 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1327150)

Written down and programmed into the TomTom - thanks Steve :bowdown: :D

Gate Keeper 6th June 2013 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG Tom (Post 1327158)
Nightmare day at work today, made front page of the mid-week news, but not for reasons I'd hoped :(

Was supposed to be going to a pub meet with the South mids sportsters forum bunch but got tied up at work. Stonking headache too. :(

Sorry to see you had a rotten day Tom. I hope you can chill out and relax this evening

NigelOBB 6th June 2013 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by reworht (Post 1327168)

Did you find a G/F restaurant in York rod?

NigelOBB 6th June 2013 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG Tom (Post 1327158)

Not good sounds like feet up and a cold one is order of the day. Then onwards and upwards tomorrow 😃

Gate Keeper 6th June 2013 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by reworht (Post 1327168)

Local knowledge counts. I have little experience of Scotland. I been up to Glasgow and Inverness. I nearly bought a flat in Edinburgh a couple of years ago as I liked the people and the sights.

NigelOBB 6th June 2013 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1327182)
Local knowledge counts. I have little experience of Scotland. I been up to Glasgow and Inverness. I nearly bought a flat in Edinburgh a couple of years ago as I liked the people and the sights.

Edinburgh is a great city I worked up there for a year in the nineties, and have been known to frequent murryfield every once in a while lol

reworht 6th June 2013 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelOBB (Post 1327173)
Did you find a G/F restaurant in York rod?

Surprisingly easy Nigel - got the Park & Ride from Rawcliffe - got off in Museum Street, just down the road from the Minster - directly opposite the bus stop is Baileys Restaurant - with a gluten free menu !
Then walked up into the City Centre and there, in the open air market, a stall with 'homemade' gluten free biscuits in various flavours, AND another one selling gluten free Potatoes Provencal with vegetables, chicken and mushrooms in a garlic & peppercorn sauce - eat in or takeaway :drool4:
So, a few £££ lighter, we've just eaten beefburgers with the aforementioned potatoes and mushrooms, followed by English strawberries covered in cold evaporated milk, and washed down with a pint of Thatchers cider.
Now sat watching the sun go down in a blaze of red :)

NigelOBB 6th June 2013 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by reworht (Post 1327201)
Surprisingly easy Nigel - got the Park & Ride from Rawcliffe - got off in Museum Street, just down the road from the Minster - directly opposite the bus stop is Baileys Restaurant - with a gluten free menu !
Then walked up into the City Centre and there, in the open air market, a stall with 'homemade' gluten free biscuits in various flavours, AND another one selling gluten free Potatoes Provencal with vegetables, chicken and mushrooms in a garlic & peppercorn sauce - eat in or takeaway :drool4:
So, a few £££ lighter, we've just eaten beefburgers with the aforementioned potatoes and mushrooms, followed by English strawberries covered in cold evaporated milk, and washed down with a pint of Thatchers cider.
Now sat watching the sun go down in a blaze of red :)

Sounds like a perfect afternoon and evening Rod.

MG Tom 6th June 2013 20:15

Which thatchers did you go for? I like the Perry and the Katy :)

stevestrat 6th June 2013 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1327182)
Local knowledge counts.

We stopped at House Of Bruar on the Eilean Donan expedition, mind you, I wouldn't go that way again. I checked the route online and, in theory, the shortest route is M90-A9-A889 etc. Now, that's fine until you turn onto the A889 south of Newtonmore which takes you west, I'm not quite sure how it qualifies as an A road, probably anywhere else in the country it wouldn't be! Nice scenery but I couldn't look at it, the road is so narrow it was a struggle to keep the nearside wheels on the tarmac to avoid oncoming caravans, HGVs etc. If we go up there again it won't be via the A889, it'll be Stirling, Crainlarich . . . .

reworht 6th June 2013 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG Tom (Post 1327221)
Which thatchers did you go for? I like the Perry and the Katy :)

I like 'em all actually - my next door neighbour, an elderly widow, buys me a mixed batch now and then for keeping her garden from becoming a wilderness :D
If I had to choose, I'd probably go for the Perry - as long as they are all icy cold. The 'smoky oak' taste is what I like, it just tones down the fizz and sweetness a little; I also like red wines with oak flavours - I must be a frustrated lumberjack or something :o
We're about to trial the new Carling Cider in my watering hole, so I'll be interested to see what that's like

stevestrat 6th June 2013 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by reworht (Post 1327237)
I must be a frustrated lumberjack or something :o

I often wondered where Monty Python got their inspiration for that song :D

reworht 6th June 2013 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1327251)
I often wondered where Monty Python got their inspiration for that song :D

That was one of their classics that

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay
I sleep all night and I work all day

He's a lumberjack and he's okay
He sleeps all night and he works all day

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch
I go to the lavatory
On Wednesdays I go shopping
And have buttered scones for tea

He cuts down trees, he eats his lunch
He goes to the lavatory
On Wednesdays he goes shopping
And has buttered scones for tea

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay
(He's a lumberjack and he's okay)
I sleep all night and I work all day
(He sleeps all night and he works all day)

I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I like to press wildflowers
I put on women's clothing
And hang around in bars

:D:D:D:D:D

windrush 7th June 2013 05:02

Good morning Chill Outers the Bald eagle has landed and ready for all this Toast and Marmite that I have been promised

Gate Keeper 7th June 2013 05:20

Your up early Derek. Welcome to the day.

windrush 7th June 2013 05:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1327504)
Your up early Derek. Welcome to the day.

Good morning Phil,yes I suppose its the routine of hospital in getting that early call in the morning

stevestrat 7th June 2013 06:02

Good morning Derek, good to hear you again. Morning Phil.

greendriver 7th June 2013 06:33

Welcome back Windrush

Morning all from sunny Lewes. Eggs on Brown toast with marmite for me, please. Hi, Derek. Is someone bringing you to the Frog this month?

Gate Keeper 7th June 2013 06:37

Good morning Steve :) Derek glad to see you are taking things a bit slower. I am just going out for a walk and then back to the car which I hope to finish today

Good morning Andy :)

NigelOBB 7th June 2013 06:37

Morning all Good morning Derek good to hear from you mornings just haven't been the same plenty of toast and marmite prepared 😃

windrush 7th June 2013 06:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1327513)
Good morning Derek, good to hear you again. Morning Phil.

Good morning Steve,its great to be back

MG Tom 7th June 2013 06:42

Morning Derek, fantastic to have you back on board the chill out zone, it's not been quite the same without you about. :)

Marmite on toast sounds like a plan.

The sun is shining, I hope today goes better than yesterday.

Gate Keeper 7th June 2013 06:45

Hello Nigel how are you doing? SWMBO thinks there are a lot of fatties on cholesterol baps in 'that Rover Club' so it is toast n marmite for me and of course SWMBO knows best lol

windrush 7th June 2013 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by greendriver (Post 1327532)
Morning all from sunny Lewes. Eggs on Brown toast with marmite for me, please. Hi, Derek. Is someone bringing you to the Frog this month?

Hi Andy,yes I hope to get there one way or another if I cant drive by then Lilian will bring me in her shopping trolley

Gate Keeper 7th June 2013 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by windrush (Post 1327544)
Hi Andy,yes I hope to get there one way or another if I cant drive by then Lilian will bring me in her shopping trolley

What a treat Derek :)

windrush 7th June 2013 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelOBB (Post 1327538)
Morning all Good morning Derek good to hear from you mornings just haven't been the same plenty of toast and marmite prepared ��

Good morning Nigel cant wait forthe toastt and marmite

Gate Keeper 7th June 2013 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG Tom (Post 1327542)
Morning Derek, fantastic to have you back on board the chill out zone, it's not been quite the same without you about. :)

All the best Tom and that your headache has cleared. Roll on the weekend

windrush 7th June 2013 06:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG Tom (Post 1327542)

Hi Tom thanks for that its nice to be back

NigelOBB 7th June 2013 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by windrush (Post 1327548)
Good morning Nigel cant wait forthe toastt and marmite

It's on it's way by courier 😃

freddie 7th June 2013 06:56

Morning Derek great to see you are back for breakfast.
Toast and marmite all round.

freddie 7th June 2013 07:01

Morning also to the rest of you out there.
Sun and cloud here still that north east niggly breeze.

Gate Keeper 7th June 2013 07:01

Good morning Freddie :) I am just logging off and hope you guys and ladies have a good day

MrDoodles 7th June 2013 07:10

Good morning Derek, good to see you on here again!

Hope that you're on the mend!

windrush 7th June 2013 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie (Post 1327561)
Morning Derek great to see you are back for breakfast.
Toast and marmite all round.

Hi Freddie thanks and looking forward to my breakfast

windrush 7th June 2013 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDoodles (Post 1327574)
Good morning Derek, good to see you on here again!

Hope that you're on the mend!

Hi Mark thanks for that,yes getting there slowly

coolcat 7th June 2013 07:17

Good morning Chillouters and a very warm welcome back Derek:}
We've all missed you whilst you've been gone and have all developed an over exaggerated need for Marmite on Toast:drool4:
Glad to have you back Sir:D

windrush 7th June 2013 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1327579)
Good morning Chillouters and a very warm welcome back Derek:}
We've all missed you whilst you've been gone and have all developed an over exaggerated need for Marmite on Toast:drool4:
Glad to have you back Sir:D

Good morning Jeff thanks its great to be back

MG Tom 7th June 2013 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1327549)
All the best Tom and that your headache has cleared. Roll on the weekend

Feel much better today thanks, indeed! All the kids are home this weekend so planning to go to Stanwick Lakes tomorrow :)

Leyland Worldmaster 7th June 2013 11:57

Hello and...

Quote:

Originally Posted by windrush (Post 1327502)
Good morning Chill Outers the Bald eagle has landed and ready for all this Toast and Marmite that I have been promised

Welcome back Derek! Great to see you back posting again!:D :D :D

Leyland Worldmaster 7th June 2013 11:59

Hello to all in the LCOZ! Have a great day, catch you all later! :D

windrush 7th June 2013 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by leopard680 (Post 1327759)
Welcome back Derek! Great to see you back posting again!:D :D :D

Hi Stu,thanks its great to be back on line again

reworht 7th June 2013 12:53

Derek - you cannot believe how happy I am to see you back :}
I've just come back from 4 and a half days in the caravan, but luckily there was a decent broadband signal on the site - so I was able to keep up with the bulletins on your progress.
Take it easy, take care and carry on getting better.

windrush 7th June 2013 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by reworht (Post 1327801)
Derek - you cannot believe how happy I am to see you back :}
I've just come back from 4 and a half days in the caravan, but luckily there was a decent broadband signal on the site - so I was able to keep up with the bulletins on your progress.
Take it easy, take care and carry on getting better.

Hi Rod Thanks for that I am glad to be back I have to take things easy for a bit

freddie 7th June 2013 16:21

Afternoon all been busy put car back together.Not a pretty site are they with front off.
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...psd069fc67.jpg

All this just move fan control box To where you can get at it with out keeping to remove front of car.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...pseb2fe6c0.jpg

coolcat 7th June 2013 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie (Post 1327952)
Afternoon all been busy put car back together.Not a pretty site are they with front off.
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...psd069fc67.jpg

All this just move fan control box To where you can get at it with out keeping to remove front of car.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...pseb2fe6c0.jpg

Looks like you had your work cut out there Freddie:bowdown:
Good idea to put the box in a sensible position as well;)
One of these days I'll pluck up courage to have my front bumper off and address the shut line gap size :}

windrush 7th June 2013 18:47

They say that its good to keep busy Freddie

NigelOBB 7th June 2013 20:56

Watching a great program on PBS about Jason Becker a great an often over looked guitarist. Very sad story he was diagnosed with Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis at an early age..

coolcat 8th June 2013 04:02

Morning everyone,
Didn't sleep very well and have just woken up to give my cats a big hug.
This place never fails to amaze me as the compassion and heart felt warmth that can be shared amongst us.
It makes me proud to have got to know so many of you on here and even though some I have not met face to face, still consider you firm friends.
This place has its problems with its day to day running but what it has got is a fantastic and diverse group of people who share a love of our cars but its more than just that.
It stretches beyond being just a forum!
Thank you for letting me be just a small part of this special place.

Gate Keeper 8th June 2013 05:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1328478)
Morning everyone,
This place never fails to amaze me as the compassion and heart felt warmth that can be shared amongst us.
It makes me proud to have got to know so many of you on here and even though some I have not met face to face, still consider you firm friends.
This place has its problems with its day to day running but what it has got is a fantastic and diverse group of people who share a love of our cars but its more than just that.

Ahh you old soppy puss cat ;) I hope you managed to get back to sleep Jeff :)

Gate Keeper 8th June 2013 05:41

Freddie, can you manage to put the moving of the control box and how you did it in the 'how to' section, with a disclaimer ;) as I think the other members who do not visit the lounge would find it interesting and it would of course be of benefit to the many others. Many thanks :)

windrush 8th June 2013 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1328478)
Morning everyone,

Good morning Jeff,I know just what you are saying

windrush 8th June 2013 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1328488)
Ahh you old soppy puss cat ;) I hope you managed to get back to sleep Jeff :)

Good morning Phil and how are you this morning

coolcat 8th June 2013 06:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by windrush (Post 1328505)
Good morning Jeff,I know just what you are saying

Morning Derek,
How are you feeling today Sir?:}

freddie 8th June 2013 07:10

Morning Jeff Derek Phil .
Hope you are all keeping well.
Cloudy here looks like its going to be like this all day.
Garden could do with some rain really dry.

windrush 8th June 2013 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie (Post 1328520)
Morning Jeff Derek Phil .
Hope you are all keeping well.
Cloudy here looks like its going to be like this all day.
Garden could do with some rain really dry.

Hi Freddie I see that you have been quite busy lately I hope that it is all sorted now

freddie 8th June 2013 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1328489)
Freddie, can you manage to put the moving of the control box and how you did it in the 'how to' section, with a disclaimer ;) as I think the other members who do not visit the lounge would find it interesting and it would of course be of benefit to the many others. Many thanks :)

Morning phil the how to already exists.
Thats what gave me the courage to have a go.
Had the front off before trying to trace fan fault.
decided to move box to make it easier to trace fault without keep taking front off.
If it lies somewhere else at least in the future if any relays faal it will be an easy job to change.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...an+control+box
How to here.

freddie 8th June 2013 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by windrush (Post 1328527)
Hi Freddie I see that you have been quite busy lately I hope that it is all sorted now

Hi Derek no fan still does't work.but at least its now easy to test components wiyh out keep taking whole front of car on and off.

How you keeping.

windrush 8th June 2013 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1328512)
Morning Derek,

Hi Jeff yes I am feeling ok,i am hoping to be fit enough to go down to Weymouth for the veterans week on the 21st I have got an old pal coming to pick us up and to take us there but I cant see me marching though

Gate Keeper 8th June 2013 07:59

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by windrush (Post 1328508)
Good morning Phil and how are you this morning

Attachment 23666
I am ok Derek ... Well, just about to have another Rabies shot then I can relax :)

Gate Keeper 8th June 2013 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1328512)
Morning Derek,

Jeff I was sorry to read about Shadow RIP. My condolences

windrush 8th June 2013 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1328551)
Attachment 23666
I am ok Derek ... Well, just about to have another Rabies shot then I can relax :)

That don't sound too good Phil,I suppose things might have changed by now but when I was in Egypt in 1951 it was not a pleasant experience as it was so many jabs in the stomach

bongi69 8th June 2013 08:22

Morning all. I hope its shaping up to be a great day wherever you are. Its 13° here in Dublin already!

Leyland Worldmaster 8th June 2013 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by bongi69 (Post 1328565)
Morning all. I hope its shaping up to be a great day wherever you are. Its 13° here in Dublin already!

Good morning and welcome to the LCOZ Mr Bongi69! Good morning all! Have a great day today! :D

windrush 8th June 2013 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by bongi69 (Post 1328565)

Hi Felix Yes it looks like its going to be a very warm one here as well

windrush 8th June 2013 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by leopard680 (Post 1328574)
Good morning and welcome to the LCOZ Mr Bongi69! Good morning all! Have a great day today! :D

Good morning Stu what are your plans for today

reworht 8th June 2013 09:10

Good morning Derek - how are you today?
Lovely sunny day again here, but unfortunately we'll have to go out and re-stock the larder. Daughter made a good job of emptying the cupboards whilst we were away in the caravan :o
After that - lazy seems a good byword for the day!

windrush 8th June 2013 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by reworht (Post 1328600)
Good morning Derek - how are you today?
Lovely sunny day again here, but unfortunately we'll have to go out and re-stock the larder. Daughter made a good job of emptying the cupboards whilst we were away in the caravan :o
After that - lazy seems a good byword for the day!

Hi Rod,Not feeling so good as I did yesterday but I was told that I would get off days I expect that tomorrow I will be as bright as a button many thanks for asking

stevestrat 8th June 2013 14:11

Sorry to say, it's just too hot here, uncomfortably hot, great time for my air con to be out of commission, think my air con compressor is on the way out. Happened yesterday morning coming home from picking Ging up at work, something started making a real "there's something far wrong with that" type of noise. Nursed the car home, did a search on here . . . . all answers said air con compressor . . . . right enough switched the climate control to econ, noise stopped, switched it auto, noise started again.

windrush 8th June 2013 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1328759)
Sorry to say, it's just too hot here, uncomfortably hot, great time for my air con to be out of commission, think my air con compressor is on the way out. Happened yesterday morning coming home from picking Ging up at work, something started making a real "there's something far wrong with that" type of noise. Nursed the car home, did a search on here . . . . all answers said air con compressor . . . . right enough switched the climate control to econ, noise stopped, switched it auto, noise started again.

Hi Steve,Dont sound good

freddie 8th June 2013 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1328759)

To hot b***** cold here havent seen the sun all day.
My air con still not working also.Dont care at the moment .
more than likely need heater on:D:D

stevestrat 8th June 2013 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by windrush (Post 1328798)
Hi Steve,Dont sound good

Least it's nothing major Derek, noise was really worrying, nursed the car home. Had a look on here and it all seemed to point to the air con compressor. Went back out to the car, started it, noise still there, switched the climate control to econ . . . . silence, that's a relief. Trust me to have no air con during a heat wave, thermometer in the garden is showing 28° again http://serve.mysmiley.net/ashamed/ashamed0006.gif

freddie 8th June 2013 15:55

You are lucky only 14° here with spots of rain in the air.
Going to watch the qualifying rounds of F1 now catctch you later.

Gate Keeper 8th June 2013 18:35

A/C mmm..... from my own experience, save yourself time and money: get an A/C specialist to look at it and carry out the repairs. Last summer I bought a used compressor from our old fried Tam (Rotrex) and a specialist did the work properly after the first one I tried legged it after botching the job. It's not the end of the world if it is not working anyway, but is a nice treat for demisting or for just chillin

Gate Keeper 8th June 2013 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by windrush (Post 1328558)
That don't sound too good Phil,I suppose things might have changed by now but when I was in Egypt in 1951 it was not a pleasant experience as it was so many jabs in the stomach

By coincidence Derek, I was chatting to an old timer today who had to have the rabies shots in his stomach when he was a lad. He had to have 30 injections and it drove him to contemplate suicide. Today he was having treatment for malaria, bilharzia and worms. He looked a good age... Must have been in late seventies and still not retired

NigelOBB 8th June 2013 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1328810)
Least it's nothing major Derek, noise was really worrying, nursed the car home. Had a look on here and it all seemed to point to the air con compressor. Went back out to the car, started it, noise still there, switched the climate control to econ . . . . silence, that's a relief. Trust me to have no air con during a heat wave, thermometer in the garden is showing 28° again http://serve.mysmiley.net/ashamed/ashamed0006.gif

Is you fan working properly Steve.. I the resistor has gone it won't be running on slow speed.. This means the gas gets hot causing a hooping/whaling nous from the compressor..

You can normally tell as the fan run on highspeed every couple if minutes for 30seconds or so ..

stevestrat 8th June 2013 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelOBB (Post 1328930)
Is you fan working properly Steve.. I the resistor has gone it won't be running on slow speed.. This means the gas gets hot causing a hooping/whaling nous from the compressor..

You can normally tell as the fan run on highspeed every couple if minutes for 30seconds or so ..

The fan is running normally Nigel, I've tried it since and the air coming out is still ice cold. The noise is more "aggressive", the only way I can really describe it is a "something's well wrong with that" kind of noise, rough, vaguely grinding, almost rattly, as if a bearing in the compressor was on the way out? I was going to give the compressor the screwdriver "stethoscope" test but can't find my long screwdriver :shrug:

Anyway, that aside . . . . unbelievable weather up here again, thermometer in the garden hit 28 again, I'm sunburnt again, arms are glowing, wearing flip-flops working in the garden . . . . you've guessed it . . . . my feet are burnt!

reworht 8th June 2013 20:33

mmm - lotsa sunshine up here - but if you get in the wrong place, there's still a chill breeze off the North Sea.
Just finished first major bbq of the year - beefburgers, sausages, chicken and belly pork - and 4 bottles of Henry Weston's cider (£4.99 in Lidl !).
Feel a bit sleepy now :D

NigelOBB 8th June 2013 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1329003)
The fan is running normally Nigel, I've tried it since and the air coming out is still ice cold. The noise is more "aggressive", the only way I can really describe it is a "something's well wrong with that" kind of noise, rough, vaguely grinding, almost rattly, as if a bearing in the compressor was on the way out? I was going to give the compressor the screwdriver "stethoscope" test but can't find my long screwdriver :shrug:

Anyway, that aside . . . . unbelievable weather up here again, thermometer in the garden hit 28 again, I'm sunburnt again, arms are glowing, wearing flip-flops working in the garden . . . . you've guessed it . . . . my feet are burnt!

Not good, give Cossie a shout I'm sure he will be able to assist.. you will pay for feet tomorrow if weather changes and you put socks on.. ive been outside all day I burnt the top of my head 😣 hasn't been the warm mind about 20 tops in my garden. Got wrong from swmbo for not wearing my hat lol

NigelOBB 8th June 2013 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by reworht (Post 1329017)
mmm - lotsa sunshine up here - but if you get in the wrong place, there's still a chill breeze off the North Sea.
Just finished first major bbq of the year - beefburgers, sausages, chicken and belly pork - and 4 bottles of Henry Weston's cider (£4.99 in Lidl !).
Feel a bit sleepy now :D

Sounds nice.. Your right about the chill of the sea.. Went up to see Marinabrian today and it was a good 4degrees warmer.. Luckily my gardens is well sheltered ..

Just treated myself to a bottle of snecklifter 😃

stevestrat 8th June 2013 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelOBB (Post 1329018)
you will pay for feet tomorrow if weather changes

Hope it doesn't, supposed to have a few friends round for a "barbie"! Weather did change early evening, clouded over and a cool breeze, came in handy taking Ging to work with no aircon :D

NigelOBB 8th June 2013 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1329053)
Hope it doesn't, supposed to have a few friends round for a "barbie"! Weather did change early evening, clouded over and a cool breeze, came in handy taking Ging to work with no aircon :D

Well there you go you have jinxed it Steve. Last year I bought 2 gazebos a 3m and 6 m had BBQ's in them lol

greendriver 9th June 2013 04:43

Morning all. Driving to Weymouth today to visit Sue's sick brother in a hospice in Dorchester.Unfortunately, he is not expected to be around much longer...

Marmite on toast for breakfast methinks.

stevestrat 9th June 2013 05:58

Morning Andy, yeh, no pleasure in journeys like that. Up earlier than I need to be, Milka wanted out and too bright to get back to sleep.

Got friends coming for a barbecue later, weather looks kinda so-so, dry but not as warm as it has been.

Gate Keeper 9th June 2013 06:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1329003)

Good morning Steve. Don't forget the the sun cream. If you decide you need some a/c parts you could try Cossie Dunc. Living out in the sun at high altitude good old calamine lotion has proved its worth time and time again even if its ts a bit messy :) and plenty of fluids lol

Gate Keeper 9th June 2013 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by greendriver (Post 1329193)
Morning all. Driving to Weymouth today to visit Sue's sick brother in a hospice in Dorchester.Unfortunately, he is not expected to be around much longer...

Marmite on toast for breakfast methinks.

A long drive for you Andy to see a loved one on his last legs. You will be doing your best Sue and her brother. Have a safe trip.

stevestrat 9th June 2013 06:19

Morning Phil, although the compressor looks like the smoking gun I need to get it checked out first. If I could find my long screwdriver I'd give it the "stethoscope" test, I'll go down to my mechanic mate sometime next week.