The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   ZT New front leather seat covers (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292708)

SCP440 8th February 2019 06:46

ZT New front leather seat covers

I am visiting somebody on Monday to help him with his car, his business is car trim and he employs several trimmers doing high quality work on classic cars.

I mentioned to him how viable it was to make new leather seat covers and he reckons it is possible.

He has asked me how many sets would be needed?

So this is the question how many people would be interested in a set of front leather seat covers for there ZT?

In theory they would be supplied so you could fit them yourself but of course if you don't feel capable he would do it of course at an additional cost.

I don't know the price as yet but it will of course depend on how many sets he will be making.

If I could have an idea please of approximate numbers that would be a great help.

I am NOT asking for any commitment but if they were for example £700 a set would you be interested?

DEVYL 8th February 2019 09:17

Can he do Rover ones also? I`m looking for Neptune Blue for ages.

Tracker 8th February 2019 12:39

I'd be interested to know if your contact could replicate ZT alcantara seat covers.

SCP440 8th February 2019 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEVYL (Post 2709555)
Can he do Rover ones also? I`m looking for Neptune Blue for ages.

He can do almost anything as long as he can get the material and he has a pattern, the idea of this was to get a batch of ZT Leather covers made up so reduce the per item cost.

Tracker 8th February 2019 13:02

Although I don't doubt that £700 might be a very reasonable price for a quality item, I think demand would be limited. That figure represents around 50% or more of the market value of most of our cars now, and most owners will not want to make the investment. There are the minority who are able and happy to spend whatever it takes to keep their cars pristine, and a fair number of those may well be interested as it is the seats that are the most difficult to keep in cosmetically good condition. Having said that, most cars have almost "as new" rear seats, so it might be worth looking at producing front seat covers only which might be more popular on their own, provided a good match to the existing rears can be achieved.

SCP440 8th February 2019 13:27

I am hoping the covers wont be that expensive. I agree on the value of the cars but some want there cars to be as close to as perfect as possible.

Hopefully next week I can come up with a firm price.

pletevl 8th February 2019 14:04

How about a repair service ? send yours in that needs a new bolster for example and get it repaired ?!?

VikingMG 8th February 2019 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracker (Post 2709618)
I'd be interested to know if your contact could replicate ZT alcantara seat covers.

I second that..