The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Items Wanted (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Saloon electric powerblind wanted (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=301108)

Rick-sta 26th November 2019 17:08

Saloon electric powerblind wanted

Anyone got a saloon rear powerblind and parcelshelf? Preferably a zt one with the dark grey parcelshelf. Thanks

RogerHeinz57 26th November 2019 17:57

NO LONGER AVAILABLE !

Rick, I have here a blind cartridge in working condition (Not the shelf), just PM me and we can get things moving.

clf 26th November 2019 18:53

An option whilst you wait for the hen to drop a tooth or two is, 4 tins of poundland auto spray black (use the term auto spray with several pounds of salt lol) on a smokestone shelf gives a pretty good match to ash grey.

1 tin was enough for a coat for the shelf, 4 coats gave a good result. That is what mine is, with the fittings from the original ash grey non blind shelf.

RogerHeinz57 26th November 2019 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2778253)
An option whilst you wait for the hen to drop a tooth or two is, 4 tins of poundland auto spray black (use the term auto spray with several pounds of salt lol) on a smokestone shelf gives a pretty good match to ash grey.

1 tin was enough for a coat for the shelf, 4 coats gave a good result. That is what mine is, with the fittings from the original ash grey non blind shelf.

Done a few in the same way, works quite well and looks so much better in my opinion against the colours chosen by MGR.

Blink 27th November 2019 09:21

I've got an electric blind but I don't have a shelf.

Mike Trident 1st December 2019 06:18

Presumably you have the ZT shelf?

Make the blind fit your own shelf, all the cut out markings will be there I'm guessing, just like they are on the Rover.

I fitted a blind to my existing shelf.

Mike Trident 1st December 2019 06:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2778253)

May I ask, it this paint gloss or satin finish?

RogerHeinz57 1st December 2019 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Trident (Post 2779051)
May I ask, it this paint gloss or satin finish?

Depends on what finish your after, mine has a mixture and very satisfied with the result, the paint used for mine came from Poundland at a vast price of ----- ?
As you would expect, the satin will provide a flat look, but the gloss will provide a more pleasant less flat appearance.

Blink 1st December 2019 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Trident (Post 2779049)
Presumably you have the ZT shelf?

Make the blind fit your own shelf, all the cut out markings will be there I'm guessing, just like they are on the Rover.

I fitted a blind to my existing shelf.

I decided not to bother fitting the blind. I've had the 75 shelf out of the car once (to sort out aerial stuff) and yes, the cut out markings were there. I just can't be bothered with all the rigmarole of running wiring, removing shelf again, cutting the slot, replacing shelf, etc. Plus there's a heavy condensation problem with the rear windscreen and I didn't want the blind & motor getting soaked in H2O.

clf 1st December 2019 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerHeinz57 (Post 2779071)
Depends on what finish your after, mine has a mixture and very satisfied with the result, the paint used for mine came from Poundland at a vast price of ----- ?
As you would expect, the satin will provide a flat look, but the gloss will provide a more pleasant less flat appearance.

I cannot remember whether I used gloss or satin. It has a flattish finish, and I likely would have went for the satin as the shelf would have had a matt finish. But being poundland, I wouldnt expect a high gloss result from the paint - so it could still have been gloss lol.