The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   ABS warning light puzzle (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=306204)

p2roverman 6th July 2020 19:07

ABS warning light puzzle

ABS warning light stays on, a recent occurance.
Checked with pscan "right side rear sender open circuit"
Subtituted two new sensors, light stays on.

So does this suggest a break in either of the wires to the plug? Where do they go that I might find them further forward and check?
Should either the white or the white/black wire be live at 12v which could be a further check?

Any other suggestions or tests I can do please?

COLVERT 6th July 2020 19:23

The ABS system has a sensor on all four wheels I believe.--:duh:

Of course I might be wrong.--It's been known.--Lol.

vitesse 6th July 2020 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by p2roverman (Post 2823338)
ABS warning light stays on, a recent occurance.
Checked with pscan "right side rear sender open circuit"
Subtituted two new sensors, light stays on.

So does this suggest a break in either of the wires to the plug? Where do they go that I might find them further forward and check?
Should either the white or the white/black wire be live at 12v which could be a further check?

Any other suggestions or tests I can do please?

Have you actually driven it? Usually needs a trip up the road 100 yards or so before it will go out.

Regards

p2roverman 6th July 2020 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse (Post 2823371)
Have you actually driven it? Usually needs a trip up the road 100 yards or so before it will go out.

Regards

It does not go out when driven.
The initial test is when the ignition is switched on. The light comes on. All the sensors and wiring is checked and if all ok the light goes out.

In my case he light does not go out because one of the sensors is "open circuit" Having proved it's not the sensor, my question is where do I start looking for a lack of continuity in the wiring

p2roverman 6th July 2020 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2823345)
The ABS system has a sensor on all four wheels I believe.--:duh:

What's your point? The psacn identified the rear right side as "open circuit"

vitesse 7th July 2020 00:32

You might find this link of interest: http://www.macfadyen998.plus.com.

Regards

Mike Noc 7th July 2020 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by p2roverman (Post 2823391)
It does not go out when driven.
The initial test is when the ignition is switched on. The light comes on. All the sensors and wiring is checked and if all ok the light goes out.

In my case he light does not go out because one of the sensors is "open circuit" Having proved it's not the sensor, my question is where do I start looking for a lack of continuity in the wiring

First thing I'd check is the ABS modulator plug connections. Not unknown for them to corrode.

p2roverman 7th July 2020 10:00

Thanks to Mike Noc and Vitesse for these useful hints, certainly narrows the field as to where to look.
The MacFady information is of particular interest, and IMO should have been included in the Haynes manual. (Not yet looked at RAVE, but will check the modulator connections as the first port of call.

COLVERT 7th July 2020 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by p2roverman (Post 2823392)
What's your point? The PSACN identified the rear right side as "open circuit"

My POINT was just a suggestion trying to help.

Could have made a mistake like your spelling.---;)

SCP440 8th July 2020 06:57

Could even me the ABS modulator, a friend had a similar problem with a Peugeot, 4 sensors later and no better. The modulator was sent off to be refurbished and it has been fine ever since.